Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXPERIAN VERIFIED PAID MED COLL

tag
tasha27
New Contributor

EXPERIAN VERIFIED PAID MED COLL

OK, Experian verified my paid medical collection but only sent me a letter in the mail stating that the collection remains.  I am kind of confused.  Do I proceed with scenario 1 and use insert b or do I continue with scenario 3?

Starting Score: 485
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 730

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: EXPERIAN VERIFIED PAID MED COLL

I assume you sent this letter to EX PRE-HIPAA MEDICAL DISPUTE LETTER

Did you handwrite it on personalized stationary?

Did you follow these steps before you sen the pre-HIPAA letter?

You must Opt Out of two things: Your Credit Reports and All Creditors. The first one ensures that the CRAs will not sell your personal data to anyone else (haha…no more data mining). The second one will prevent JDBs (and CAs) from buying and selling bogus collections.

Use this link to opt-out of your credit reports

OPT-OUT CREDIT REPORTS (or call 1.888.567.8688)

Use this link to opt-out from all of your CURRENT creditors that you're in GOOD standing with. Do not attempt to opt-out with any CAs or current creditors that you're in BAD standing with (i.e. charge-offs, or currently late).

OPT-OUT ALL CREDITORS

Also, be sure to update your personal information with the CRA's before doing any credit repair. Having old and incorrect addresses deleted is very beneficial prior to doing credit repair.

Message 2 of 5
tasha27
New Contributor

i followed all of the steps and then sent the pre-hippa letter handwritten in purple ink on personalized stationary.

Message 3 of 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Ok, good! When did EX receive your dispute? Has the CA sent you validation of the debt?
Message 4 of 5
tasha27
New Contributor

they received it on 4 march.  i havent received anything from the ca

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.