Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Don't Want to Screw this Up.

tag
TheVerdict
Valued Member

Help! Don't Want to Screw this Up.

Let me start by saying thank you so much!  I am learning so much, and day by day, I am getting my credit report cleaned up.  Back in 2008 I was garnished for  $663. The original debt was a $177 dental bill.  Upon completion of the garnishment, the attorney filed a Motion to Vacate Order of Garnishment which was approved by the Court.  The attorney's office mailed a file-stamped copy of the approved Order to me.  I was reviewing my CR on yesterday and noticed that the judgment has never been marked satisfied.  I called the attorney's office and informed them of this.  The lady that I spoke with told me that they sent something in electronically on August 18, 2008 advising that the judgment had been satisfied.  She told me that the only company they reported it to was Equifax.  However, the judgment is listed on all three of the reports and none of them show satisifed.   The lady gave me a telephone number of 800-685-1111, and told me to call them and ask them why they never marked the judgment as satisfied.  Is that normal? Furthermore, the original debt of $177 is on EQ listed as a CA and a judgment. The $177 CA is marked paid, but shouldn't it be removed from the report since it is a medical bill?  Do I need to follow the HIPPAA process to get it removed?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help! Don't Want to Screw this Up.

The HIPAA letter process will only work on the collection, public records are exempted from HIPAA's privacy act.
Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help! Don't Want to Screw this Up.

The HIPAA letter process will only work on the collection, public records are exempted from HIPAA's privacy act.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.