Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hippa Process

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hippa Process

Please help! I am a little confused about how long to wait after I do the opting out. Do I wait the 5 days or can I send letters Immediately. Also I'm pretty rusty on the abbreviations.

Thank you

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Hippa Process

Welcome to the forums!

Wait the five days. Have you also udpated your personal info on your credit reports?

Common Abbrev

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I have not updated my personal info yet. I will do that. Thank you for the abbreviations I was feeling a little lost.

Alittle about my story, I was just denied a mortgage loan today. I have gotten into a contract for deed and was assured I would be able to refi in 6 months well here we are 10 months later and denied. I am paying enormous house payments thinking it would only be for a short period of time. 

Most of the negative reports are medical bills while I was in college.  I have always had excellent credit until I had went back to school. Now I am just devastated over this. 

Thank you for your help

Message 3 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

So, its your hope to get the med collections removed so you can refi. Before you proceed, can you tell me more about the collections. When were the dates of service (treatment dates)? Paid or unpaid collections? Did the debt originate from a doctor, hospital, dentists, etc.? Can you afford to pay the debt in full if you have to?
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are doctor and hospital, they are 3-4 years old. I could probably pay 1/2 of them. The only resent good history I have is a auto loan, but this is the kicker on that they only report to 1 CBR. That was open 10/07.
Message 5 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Keep in mind the HIPAA process requires you pay the debt in full. If you can't afford to pay in full, you can't use the HIPAA letter process.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will have to come up with it, I feel this is my only option at this point.
Message 7 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.