Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$7.45 or Jail?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

$7.45 or Jail?

Would you rather pay $7.45 or go to jail and face paying $500?

Seems like such a easy choice, but apparently not for some.

Woman chooses jail over $7.45 bill.

I just wish the article would have stated why she refused to pay, but she couldn't be reached for comment.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: $7.45 or Jail?

It mighta been a really nasty waffle!
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Would you rather pay $7.45 or go to jail and face paying $500?

Seems like such a easy choice, but apparently not for some.

Woman chooses jail over $7.45 bill.

I just wish the article would have stated why she refused to pay, but she couldn't be reached for comment.

What about the other one on that page? The 89 year old woman going to jail over a stupid football?????

I mean ... seriously. How much of a jerk do you have to be to call the cops on your 89 yo neighbor over a fricking kid's football????? 

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
It mighta been a really nasty waffle!

Hmmm ... that's funny. It said it occurred in "Fort Pierce" ... but that's not the address of our local WH!

Our WH is REALLY nasty. If her WH is like ours, I don't blame her one bit.

I can't wait to see if she issues a statement. I wonder what will happen, publicity-wise, if the reason was that she saw a rat in the restaurant? Or a roach on the floor? If I saw any of that, I'd get the heck outta dodge -- don't know if I'd stop long enough to pay first, either!!
Message 4 of 16
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

And another......Beauty Queen dethroned after skipping out on $46.07 restaurant bill.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,443263,00.html

She skipped on the bill but forgot her purse!! Dopey-doh!

Message 5 of 16
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Wonderin wrote:

What about the other one on that page? The 89 year old woman going to jail over a stupid football?????

I mean ... seriously. How much of a jerk do you have to be to call the cops on your 89 yo neighbor over a fricking kid's football????? 

I saw that too. Made me sick. I'd keep the ball too!

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@llecs wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I saw that too. Made me sick. I'd keep the ball too!

Oh, no ... me, I would give the ball back.

You just don't want to know HOW I would give it back ... or WHERE (insert painfully sensitive body cavity here). Smiley Mad

$10 gets you $20 that the dad involved has issues. Big, furry, stinky issues. Smiley Mad

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@llecs wrote:

And another......Beauty Queen dethroned after skipping out on $46.07 restaurant bill.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,443263,00.html

She skipped on the bill but forgot her purse!! Dopey-doh!

Guess her "talent" wasn't intelligence, eh? Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 16
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

I don't get it. Why not just give the ball back? Why keep it? Why do damage to it? Kids throw balls and sometimes they actually go somewhere other than where intended. Is that a reason to do damage to it or to keep it? If it were my son's ball, I would ask for it back politely, but if granny refused, what the heck are you to do? My question is how much of a jerk do you have to be to keep a little boy's football?

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 16
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

ByrdMan wrote:
I don't get it. Why not just give the ball back? Why keep it? Why do damage to it? Kids throw balls and sometimes they actually go somewhere other than where intended. Is that a reason to do damage to it or to keep it? If it were my son's ball, I would ask for it back politely, but if granny refused, what the heck are you to do? My question is how much of a jerk do you have to be to keep a little boy's football?

OK, I didn't read the above story until I saw your post, Byrdman. The above article is from MSNBC. The source I read stated different facts, and I'll see if I can't find it. I saw that the kids would regularly go into her yard and trample her grass, flowers, etc to retreive their ball. So, after complaining to the parents who didn't do a thing, she decided to keep the ball.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.