cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Delta Platinum - Metal

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: So, the Delta Platinum Amex is now METAL?!

Reserve is also metal.

Message 11 of 33
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: AMEX Delta Platinum - Metal

@wasCB14 wrote:

I'm keeping mine plastic.

1. Easier to insert at the check-in kiosk.

2. My wallet is heavy enough.

3. My no-fee Plan It window closed a few days ago, so I won't really be using the card much in the first place. Schwab is the better card for spending.

1. You don't have your SkyMiles number memorized?

2. Don't forget rigid... Amex Platinum and Gold and Marriott and Business Platinum plus CSR.

3. Schwab not better if you're obtaining higher status and don't have brokerage account.  Hehehe.

Message 12 of 33
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

I'm keeping mine plastic.

1. Easier to insert at the check-in kiosk.

2. My wallet is heavy enough.

3. My no-fee Plan It window closed a few days ago, so I won't really be using the card much in the first place. Schwab is the better card for spending.

1. You don't have your SkyMiles number memorized?

2. Don't forget rigid... Amex Platinum and Gold and Marriott and Business Platinum plus CSR.

3. Schwab not better if you're obtaining higher status and don't have brokerage account.  Hehehe.

1. Next time I check in I'll give that method a try.

2. I wonder how the lifespan of plastic cards really compares to metal. A lot of people seem to have metal core cards that peel a little.

3. True, we have different math. I could maybe get Gold, but that doesn't do much for me because the companion pass alone more or less justifies the Delta Platinum AF (so the checked bags cost me little, if anything, in terms of AF), and on my usual routes with full planes and many elites, a Gold member has a snowball's chance at an upgrade. And there's the Schwab AF subsidy.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 13 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just called in to order my replacement. Should receive it by the 19th. The rep said you could just wait till your card expires and we will send you a new one. I said that will be in 4 years can I just have just have new metal card please thanks! I called yesterday and the rep said there is no new metal platinum card for Delta. I just hung up because I didn't feel like deal with incompetence when I got home from work. Smh they probably don't want the same issue when the gold card changed to metal.
Message 14 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

"hung up" ha.  You know I use to be nicer but yes, you are right - the level of incompetience sometimes is so blatant that you just want to "slam the phone" like in the old days.  I called Amex yesterday and was told the new design was not yet ready.  So I said, ok thank you hung up.  Called back.  The next rep knew exactly what I was talking about, knew his talking points and confirmed the Plat and Reserve had gone to metal but the Gold was still plastic.  Created a new order for me and as of right now its on a FedEx truck somewhere.

Wishing the Gold had also gone metal but ...I guess you cant have everything in life.

Message 15 of 33
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

That card should be black or at least dark brown or something besides purple.  lol
Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 16 of 33
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I wonder if they'll change the card design yet again with the latest employee uniform changes.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 17 of 33
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:
That card should be black or at least dark brown or something besides purple.  lol

I Ike the purple. Different than most

Message 18 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got my replacement Amex Gold and I'm not sure I am liking the redesign. It feels like a store gift card or something.

Message 19 of 33
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

Got my Platinum Metal card today !. I have to admit it is better in person. The laser etching is impressive. Expected date was Feb 12th.... Actual arrival 2/3. Impressive. 14g in weight.

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.