Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addict thread

tag
Ravensfan2001
Established Contributor

Re: Addict thread

Smiley Sad That's just unacceptable. We need to find it STAT! Or at least create a new one!

Starting Scores: (4/16/12 lender pull) TU 596 | EX 550 | EQ 576
Current Score (9/3/15): Wally TU 639 | Amex EX 628 | DCU EQ 639
Goals: Homeowner as of 9/27/2013. Last app 8/1/15. TU-5; EX-16; EQ-13. Aiming for ZERO inqs.
Message 11 of 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@MidnightVoice wrote:

I did write a 12 step program for Ficoholics, but it was so long ago it has been deleted from the history!

I remember reading that lol!  I found it.  Hope you don't mind MidnightVoice, I cut and pasted for everyone to see:

With apologies to Alcoholics Anonymous              By MidnightVoice

1.) We admitted we had been powerless over credit--that our finances had become unmanageable.

2.) Came to believe that a Message Board greater than ourselves could restore our Credit Scores to sanity.

3.) Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of MyFICO Forums.

4.) Made a searching and fearless inventory of our finances.

5.) Admitted to MyFICO, to ourselves and to other board members being the exact nature of our screw ups, and our actual scores.

6.) Were entirely ready to have MyFICO members help us remove all these defects of our CRs.

7.) Humbly asked them to help us, and wrote GW letters.

8.) Made a list of all creditors, and became willing to make amends to them all if required, and DV them it was likely to do any good.

9.) Made direct disputes to such creditors wherever possible, except where illegal.

10.) Continued to take personal inventory (usually via web banking) and when we carried a balance quickly PIFfed it.

11.) Sought through constant reading of the board to be aware of all pitfalls and to not stray from the path of financial responsibility, and to stay at 1-9% Utilization

12.) Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to others with credit problems, and to help more people straighten out their CRs, and become Supercontributors.

Message 12 of 14
Ravensfan2001
Established Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

@MidnightVoice wrote:

I did write a 12 step program for Ficoholics, but it was so long ago it has been deleted from the history!

I remember reading that lol!  I found it.  Hope you don't mind MidnightVoice, I cut and pasted for everyone to see:

With apologies to Alcoholics Anonymous              By MidnightVoice

1.) We admitted we had been powerless over credit--that our finances had become unmanageable.

2.) Came to believe that a Message Board greater than ourselves could restore our Credit Scores to sanity.

3.) Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of MyFICO Forums.

4.) Made a searching and fearless inventory of our finances.

5.) Admitted to MyFICO, to ourselves and to other board members being the exact nature of our screw ups, and our actual scores.

6.) Were entirely ready to have MyFICO members help us remove all these defects of our CRs.

7.) Humbly asked them to help us, and wrote GW letters.

8.) Made a list of all creditors, and became willing to make amends to them all if required, and DV them it was likely to do any good.

9.) Made direct disputes to such creditors wherever possible, except where illegal.

10.) Continued to take personal inventory (usually via web banking) and when we carried a balance quickly PIFfed it.

11.) Sought through constant reading of the board to be aware of all pitfalls and to not stray from the path of financial responsibility, and to stay at 1-9% Utilization

12.) Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to others with credit problems, and to help more people straighten out their CRs, and become Supercontributors.

This is awesome for credit rehabilitation. But I'm starting to become addicted to the actual myfico.com website and the act of credit repair, if that makes any sense. HAHAHA!Smiley Very Happy

This 12-step program needs to be pinned somewhere. Smiley Wink

Starting Scores: (4/16/12 lender pull) TU 596 | EX 550 | EQ 576
Current Score (9/3/15): Wally TU 639 | Amex EX 628 | DCU EQ 639
Goals: Homeowner as of 9/27/2013. Last app 8/1/15. TU-5; EX-16; EQ-13. Aiming for ZERO inqs.
Message 13 of 14
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Thanks for finding it.  It was so long ago I didn't even remember what keywords to search for!   Smiley Very Happy

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.