Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Insurance

tag
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

Auto Insurance

So right now my wife and I have auto insurance through esurance. At first it was the cheapest option, but the price keeps going up for some reason (no tickets, claims, etc). Also they have a automatic withdrawal every month, which I don't like. I like paying all of my bills in full at the beginning of the month each month. First of all is there a way to change this in esurance, and if not are there any cheaper policies generally available that I can pay with credit or debit before the due date? Thanks!

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Auto Insurance

I've never used esurance but they don't give you the option of paying six months in advance vis a vis most insurance policies?

You might be able to ask them to change the ACH day for your account, but that's a question for them.  As for a cheaper one, I suppose it doesn't hurt to check around: out of curiosity what was your initial rate and what is it now?

        
Message 2 of 6
meehan22
Frequent Contributor

I save 5 or 10 dollars a month by paying 6 months in advance with my Auto Insurance. 

Might be worth looking into. 

Wallet: Chase $6,000 - Discover $1,500 - Walmart $2,200 - Voyage FCU $1,300 - Zales $2,300 - Elan Fin: $12,500(AU, reporting) - Chase $8,500 (AU, reporting) 1% UTL
Message 3 of 6
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@meehan22 wrote:

I save 5 or 10 dollars a month by paying 6 months in advance with my Auto Insurance. 

Might be worth looking into. 

Yeah I didn't physically have it in checking (not touching savings this year), so I had to opt to pay monthly the past two times. This September when it renews I intend to pay in full. But any ways, it started at 103.00. Then 110. Then 114.93. Now its is at 120. And its scheduled to go up to 122.00 in September. It makes absolutely no sense. Neither of us have any tickets or any legal issues whatsoever, neither of us have any car wrecks or otherwise, or anything else, we have clean driving records with no claims and when I called in to customer service the lady said that was normal. I asked how that is normal and she said she didn't know. Its not a big deal now, but if it keeps going up every 2-3 months for no reason, it just won't be worth it to me anymore.

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 4 of 6
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

american family did this to me in indiana...i got a quote with another company and told them to match it or cancel my policy, they beat it by 10%

Message 5 of 6
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

american family did this to me in indiana...i got a quote with another company and told them to match it or cancel my policy, they beat it by 10%

Who should I talk to though? The CSRs seem useless.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.