Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CREDIT CARD SIGS? REALLY?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CREDIT CARD SIGS? REALLY?

So, I have noticed that some forum users show their credit card info in their sigs. Ok, I guess it's like any other forum, automotive, sig your car and mods, guns, sig the guns you own, etc. I just find it funny being done in a credit card forum but ok. Here's mine. Zero balance, total credit limit $197900. Someone top my obnoxiousness. 😁
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

Re: CREDIT CARD SIGS? REALLY?

Welcome to the forum. Coffee is in the corner. Wipe up your own spills, your mama doesn't work here! Smiley Happy

AFIK most regulars post their CC info (Cards/Limits/Scores) in their signature, not to be boastful, but to show data points to others who may or may not have the same type of credit profile. We learn from each other how to manage, build, and in some cases, how to rebuild a strong credit profile for the long term.

There are members here who have perfect 850 scores across all three CRAs, but they are some of the most humble members here.

Stick around awhile, you'll get the idea.

Message 2 of 14
Moneyklutz
Frequent Contributor

@RicHowe wrote:

Welcome to the forum. Coffee is in the corner. Wipe up your own spills, your mama doesn't work here! Smiley Happy

AFIK most regulars post their CC info (Cards/Limits/Scores) in their signature, not to be boastful, but to show data points to others who may or may not have the same type of credit profile. We learn from each other how to manage, build, and in some cases, how to rebuild a strong credit profile for the long term.

There are members here who have perfect 850 scores across all three CRAs, but they are some of the most humble members here.

Stick around awhile, you'll get the idea.

If ever there was a time I sincerely wished for being able to kudo a post in Smorg... this was it.

I've never felt that cards listed in a members sig were the equivalent of one's C-peen. Proud accomplishments perhaps, but rarely does it ever come across as braggadocio.   

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I enjoyed looking at peoples sigs. For the most part, it gives me hope for what my credit future may look like if I work hard.

I am also nosey and want to know what everyone is up too.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the replies. this is a general lounge forum for "fun" i assume. so let's see some cc sigs.
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've learned about cards just by browsing signatures. It's interesting seeing which ones people prefer.

I also like to see all the colors Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m glad you posted yours. Gives me something to aim for. My goals are in my sig as well as my cards.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've learned about cards just by browsing signatures. It's interesting seeing which ones people prefer.

Wow, $2,000 instant approval on Target Redcard congrats! It took me a year to get mine to go over $2,000, I am hoping this year I will get the MasterCard upgrade.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, $2,000 instant approval on Target Redcard congrats! It took me a year to get mine to go over $2,000, I am hoping this year I will get the MasterCard upgrade.

Thanks! Did you have to call for the CLIs? I didn't know there was a MasterCard version.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks! Did you have to call for the CLIs? I didn't know there was a MasterCard version.

No, I did not call, go into your online account and update your income monthly( after statement cuts, and after your monthly payment posts) even though it is the same amount. Apparently doing that triggers a monthly review for a CLI and that is the only way to get one. 

The MasterCard is no longer offered to new customers; however, once a year they go in and upgrade existing customers cards. A lot of people on the boards got the upgrade this past July/ August. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.