Did you mean: 

Disney pulls ESPN from Spectrum

tag
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Disney pulls ESPN from Spectrum

Went to watch the Gators game. Came on for 5 secs. Gone. Now its on the screen:

The Walt Disney Company has removed their programming from Spectrum which creates hardship for our customers.

We offered Disney a fair deal, yet they are demanding an excessive increase. They also want to limit our ability to provide greater customer choice in programming packages forcing you to take and pay for channels you may not want. Spectrum is on your side and fighting to keep costs down while protecting and maximizing customer choice. The rising cost of programming is the single greatest factor in higher cable TV prices, and we are fighting hard to hold the line on programming rates imposed on us by companies like Disney. We apologize for the inconvenience. We understand how important it is to be able to access your programming content and have solutions for you.

https://disneyespnfairdeal.com/ 

Least UCF game was on. That was a spanking and their first game in the Big12.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Disney pulls ESPN from Spectrum

Getting closer and closer to cutting the cord and going to Youtube tv and just having Internet through frontier or something as with spectrum as well.  For first time streaming > cable now.  Honestly have like 200 channels cable or whatever, but really only care about live sports and a few shows, maybe 10 channels total rest is pure garbage and fluff that likely no one in their right mind watches.  So sick on one side blaming the other side it is all about money either way at the cost of customer experience.   Basically a cartel.  Getting to a point where it would be cheaper to watch at a sports bar and have some drinks than pay ridiculous cable bills for subpar services provided.

Message 2 of 11
RSX
Valued Contributor

YouTube TV is great

i primarily got it to record/watch F1 races - but now i don't cancel it during the offseason, because the content is there

much better than cable

Dec 16/2019. EX. 721. EQ. 723. TU 746
Jan 25/2024 EX. 774 EQ. 751 TU 758
Inq. EX 2 EQ 3 TU 6 - - CC 2x24, 0x12
Amex BCP $35k - Apple GS $21k - BMW/Elan $19k - Cap1 QS $16.7k - Chase Amazon $13.6k - Chase Bonvoy Bountiful $10k - Chase United Club Infinite $26k - Citi CustomCash $3k - Citi DC $14.5k - CreditUnion1 $9k - DiscoverIT $31.5k - PayBoo - $15.6k - Penfed Gold - $19.3k - USB AltitudeGO -$19k- USBank Cash+ -$25k - PenFed LOC - $20k - USB LOC - $15k
Message 3 of 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Might look into other options @CreditCuriosity . My community has a contract with Spectrum. $110 a month as long as 68% subscribe. 1 HD DVR, 2 HD boxes and wifi/internet. Part of the HOA fee. I remember when I had Directv back in So Fl there was always a fight going on. Signal goes out no matter how many are watching. Like either one needs the $ that bad.

Message 4 of 11
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

I was reluctant to cut the cord and go with YouTube TV but wife talked me into it... so glad I did

Message 5 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Might look into other options @CreditCuriosity . My community has a contract with Spectrum. $110 a month as long as 68% subscribe. 1 HD DVR, 2 HD boxes and wifi/internet. Part of the HOA fee. I remember when I had Directv back in So Fl there was always a fight going on. Signal goes out no matter how many are watching. Like either one needs the $ that bad.

Spectrum would never be so kind in our community as CDD fees are outragous and houses well range from my modest house to taylor swift parents house in my community (not joking they live here).  So we get no such deal lol as apparently we all can afford several hundred to whom knows what $ value cable costs 

Message 6 of 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Great! Turned on College Game Day. Forgot. No go. You lousy so and so's.

Message 7 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Disney and strectrum stocks tanked on friday due to this among many other players while streaming ones made out pretty good that day of trading.

Message 8 of 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@CreditCuriosity @JoeRockhead @RSX Its back on here in Florida. Came on a bit ago. Guess ESPN drop their $9 a head price. Thats nuts!

Message 9 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@FireMedic1 guessing Disney preferred some money vs. no money right?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.