cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebates Visa Signature Card with EMV is Here!!!

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Ebates Visa Signature Card with EMV is Here!!!

I was kind of surprised I was instantly approved for Ebates Visa back in March for 3k. I had just opened an ebay mastercard, was declined for brooks brothers, and had a lot of another new cards. I have heard too its one synchs harder to get approved for cards. 

my theory would be and im sure most others is that its the one synch card offered as a visa but u wont get a store card if you are borderline. 

I shop through ebates portals occasioanlly when they offer something like 6-8% cash back and the store is offering 4% cash back through chase, barclays, amex, etc. online portal. 

The cash doea add up very quick though, especially when they are offering 8-9 percent back at store like sephora where I can spend 200 dollars online very easily. 

The check in the mail is always a nice little thanks, i like to hoard rewards sometimes and they do it for me lol. 

Message 11 of 22
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

And the toughest to get a CLI on I think. I love Ebates, but for some reason can't get my friends to use it. Even when I show them my quarterly check they think it's a scam. I made out this quarter when they offered like 18% back through Nordstrom.
Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is ebates any good for cashback online shopping? I mainly shop on Amazon/Ebay. 

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow B335 - wish I had the card earleir this quarter. Could have used it for many things purchased at Nordstrom during that time. Can't wait for it to get here!

Message 14 of 22
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Is ebates any good for cashback online shopping? I mainly shop on Amazon/Ebay. 

Yes, it is great for online shopping. You need to use the card to click thru the ebates referred link.  I am not sure Ebay or Amazon has cash back. You need to check the list on the website. Sometimes, it is a hassale to click thru those link to get extra cash back.

Ron.

Message 15 of 22
Ron1
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:
And the toughest to get a CLI on I think. I love Ebates, but for some reason can't get my friends to use it. Even when I show them my quarterly check they think it's a scam. I made out this quarter when they offered like 18% back through Nordstrom.

+1.  Most people don't like to go thru the extra step to get extra bonus. Sometimes, I forgot to click thru the link. I missed out some of extra cash back opportunity, It is not scam. It is a real check. Or you can tell them to deposit into your PayPal account. Some of them gives you more cash back. They offer double cash back throughout the year.

The ebates cash back bonus plus card 3% it earns you more cash back. The drawback is you have to wait until the end of the quarter to get your cash back check.

Ron.

Message 16 of 22
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@B335is wrote:

+1.  Most people don't like to go thru the extra step to get extra bonus. Sometimes, I forgot to click thru the link. I missed out some of extra cash back opportunity, It is not scam. It is a real check. Or you can tell them to deposit into your PayPal account. Some of them gives you more cash back. They offer double cash back throughout the year.

The ebates cash back bonus plus card 3% it earns you more cash back. The drawback is you have to wait until the end of the quarter to get your cash back check.

Ron.

But it is always worth checking http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/ first for your merchant.   ebates is just one of several cashback malls (I am amazed at how many there are, so I guess it is profitable!) and choose the one that gives the best rate (taking into account min redeptions).   Most of these malls are slow at giving cashback, once a quarter or so

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

hope this isn't a crazy question, but are we supposed to include what we recieve back from ebates on our taxes?

Message 18 of 22
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

hope this isn't a crazy question, but are we supposed to include what we recieve back from ebates on our taxes?

I assume, for now, it's like credit card rewards, viewed as non-taxable rebate rather than earnings

Message 19 of 22
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@B335is wrote:

On CLIs.  I applied online and was told I have to call.   Is that common?  A follow up email suggested that over $15K you cannot do it online, but don't know if that was just a made up reason!

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.