Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Card, Best Card, Worst Card, Wish Card

tag
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: First Card, Best Card, Worst Card, Wish Card

My first card was a Zales CC with a $200 SL, I received in college and I used to purchase a promise ring for my girlfriend. That tradeline was closed eventually because I never used it again.

My Amex Everyday CC is my best and newest card with an SL of $4000. My Amex is so new it has shown on my CR yet.

My worst card was an Orchard secured CC with an SL of $300 that I F'ed up by not making timely payments years ago.

My dream card is a Chase Freedom... Jan 1, 2020, I will make my first application.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 131 of 134
Anonymous
Not applicable

First: A WF student card... I don't even remember anything else about it except my mom paid it for me.

Worst: Amazon store card. It was unnecessarily difficult to pay the bill. you couldn't do it thru amazon, you had to go to this random website and logging in was baroque.

Best: NFCU Flagship. 

Wish: Sapphire Reserve...

Message 132 of 134
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Just skimmed half of this thread, it's still going strong:

First:  (Store) Sears (Bank) Orchard Bank Visa now Cap1

Worst:  PNC Cashbuilder - Honestly, what on earth is this for?

Best:  Amex Plat (Testing CSR too so it could be a tie for this year)

Wish:  Centurion Card Smiley Happy  However to be realistic, I'd like to add the Chase Freeduom Unlimited next to get toward my Trifecta.

On a humorous note, the first card (Sears store credit card) was probably the worst decision an 18 year old could do back in the day. Sears was the equivalent of Cabellas for an outdoorsman, or Sephora to a female.  I must've bought every type of electronic known to man with that card and had 0 financial discipline at the time. It should've had a disclaimer on it requiring daily credit monitoring and counseling acceptance.

Message 133 of 134
Anonymous
Not applicable

First card: Chase Rewards Visa with a $5.5K SL (2004) - The account is in collections. LOL. Smiley Wink

Worst card: Sears MasterCard with a $7.8K SL (2013). Why? The interest rate was too high, making it hard to carry a balance. Account is in collecitons. Smiley Sad

Wish card: Kohl's Charge Card - I am not kidding you. Smiley Happy

Message 134 of 134
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.