Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hilton not reimbursing my points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hilton not reimbursing my points

Okay I scheduled a reservation to stay in New Orleans from Oct 26th to Nov 1st using 403,000 hilton honor points booking two rooms one with all points for 250,000 and the other cash and points using 153,000 points.  I cancelled the trip due to the hurricane and was immediately reimbursed 250,000 hilton points.  I'm still missing 153,000 points for the other room I cancelled. 

I've called 3 times about this and was basically told "oh yes sir you will get your points back in the next 24 to 48hrs".  I just got off the phone with them for the 4th time and while they did give me the case number this time which they didn't do the last two times saying they were going to send it via email and they never did...in fact I had to have the rep give me the case number over the phone because she sent me a hilton email but it didn't have any case number in it.

Just curious if anyone on here has been in a similar situation and if you were able to get it resolved with Hilton or am I just basically screwed out of the points?   

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Hilton not reimbursing my points

I would give it about a week or so depending on when you had the last conversation with them. When did you initially call them about it? 

Typically, it can take some time for you to see the other reimbursement depending on how the reservation was paid for. If you don't hear anything or see it resolved within a reasonable timeframe, then you could potentially escalate the issue. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I scheduled the trip in the middle of September and Cancelled it at the end of September I called about the missing points the day of the cancellation since it was weird I only got 250,000 of the 403,000 back.  Was told to give it 24 to 48hrs and I would get the points back and that didn't happen after letting a week go by and I called them again and was told the same thing. 

Let another week go by and called again and was told the hotel was releasing the points and to give it 24 to 48hrs for the reimbursement.  After two weeks of not getting the points back and this being over month since the issue began I called again this time and was told they were giving me the points as sign up bonus because they weren't sure why the points didn't get reimbursed before.  

I've cancelled stays before and had no issues but this is the first time using points to book two different rooms and I'm really wondering if I'm just going to get screwed here on the point reimbursement. 

Message 3 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for expanding a bit on the background.  It's definitely odd that the remaining points haven't been settled or you haven't been provided an explanation for why the issue is taking so long to get resolved

The good thing is you have a case# that can be used for tracking things. Given the number of times you've attempted to get this fixed, I would definitely escalate to a supervisor or manager to get more traction on the issue.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.