Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do You Manage Your CC Accounts?

tag
elim
Senior Contributor

How Do You Manage Your CC Accounts?

I have a system that works well for me but looking for other ideas as the number of accounts continues to grow.

My Way

I have a folder on my Fav Bar with all the links to my CC accounts. These links are easily renamed and I update the values when I log in to the corresponding account.

I change the link name to date due, min payment, total due, last amt paid (to check my bank withdrawal), or whatever is relevant that month. (right click/rename)

The links are drag and drop on the list to re-order them in chronological  or "order of importance". (just drag it to the top of the list if it's due next, or the bottom if you just paid it)

To log in to the account... I just click it.

This saves me time from opening spreadsheets or docs or forgetting if I paid the bill (or not) and having to log back in. (although I check often)

manage.png

What's Your Way????

Message 1 of 61
60 REPLIES 60
Cleanmachine
Frequent Contributor

Re: How Do You Manage Your CC Accounts?

That's a unique system

Personally I use Quicken Financial Software

Message 2 of 61
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

I use an Excel workbook and Mint for analytics.

This is a fairly common topic so don't overlook prior discussions as well.

Message 3 of 61
baller4life
Super Contributor

I use Prism. It's a bill due date tracking software. AWESOME!!
Message 4 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleanmachine wrote:

That's a unique system

Personally I use Quicken Financial Software

That is, indeed, unique. It seems like it'd be tedious, but I guess it's no more tedious than any other method.

I use a master spreadsheet where I keep a track of my pay/budget. This is for all my bills, including CC's.

I use a separate spreadsheet where I keep a record of my credit card accounts. It doesn't deal so much with the payments, due dates and such as much as it does with CL's, UTIL, AAoA, etc.

I also keep yet another spreadsheet where I track my CC pulls, by bureau, lender, and date.

Message 5 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@elim wrote:

I have a system that works well for me but looking for other ideas as the number of accounts continues to grow.

My Way

I have a folder on my Fav Bar with all the links to my CC accounts. These links are easily renamed and I update the values when I log in to the corresponding account.

I change the link name to date due, min payment, total due, last amt paid (to check my bank withdrawal), or whatever is relevant that month. (right click/rename)

The links are drag and drop on the list to re-order them in chronological  or "order of importance". (just drag it to the top of the list if it's due next, or the bottom if you just paid it)

To log in to the account... I just click it.

This saves me time from opening spreadsheets or docs or forgetting if I paid the bill (or not) and having to log back in. (although I check often)

manage.png

What's Your Way????

i Don't use any system, As soon as i get a New Credit Card i change their Due Date, All my Credit Cards have the same Due Date so i just pay them all the same day.....Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

Every Sunday night, I consult this speical tood to decide which card will get paid that week:

Message 7 of 61
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

I sign up for ebills.   From my main bank, I schedule the bill to be paid.

To keep track of how much I owe on each CC, I use CK.  I have recently signed up for Mint.  But I haven't customized it for my needs yet.

Message 8 of 61
BootStraps
Established Contributor

I have a notepad with all of my credit cards and due dates.

When my paycheck hits the bank, I look at the list and pay everything that is due before my next paycheck.

When the next paycheck shows up, I repeat...

Starting Score: All Under 590 (8/2011)
Current Score: Ex: 676 Eq: 681 Tu: 683
Goal Score: Ex: 725 Eq: 725 Tu: 725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Back in the Garden 4/22/16 Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BootStraps wrote:

I have a notepad with all of my credit cards and due dates.

When my paycheck hits the bank, I look at the list and pay everything that is due before my next paycheck.

When the next paycheck shows up, I repeat...

Same.

Here's a sample of how i do mine.

*axgch -1536 rem 1817 -cl 0000 / NPSL -dd 11.20.14
                                            (00.0% utl)
#dsvcr -0000 rem 1817 -cl 06350/10500 -dd 11.01.14
//////                                      (39.5% utl)
#chfcr -0000 rem 1817 -cl 02600/04500 -dd 11.09.14
//////                                      (42.2% utl)
#amdlc -0000 rem 1817 -cl 03700/03700 -dd 11.22.14
                                            (00.0% utl)

Message 10 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.