Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How people view your CC usage.

tag
newUser0
Established Contributor

Re: How people view your CC usage.

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

I average 6% on Freedom on the rotating cats.. I get the 10 pts per purchase and 10% on top of that... all with no AF.

Wow.. Is that still works for you? I have read that chase changed this for existing customers too.

Lucky you! Enjoy!

Message 21 of 36
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:
Credit or credit cards are never the topic of discussion with my friends. We all have em but don't know any specifics about each other.

I don't understand.   What do you talk about then!

I imagine the typical conversation goes something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EePcWVFtRCU

Do people actually do that? Lol

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 22 of 36
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:
Credit or credit cards are never the topic of discussion with my friends. We all have em but don't know any specifics about each other.

Its in the Internet. They can't put it in the Internet if it isn't true.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 23 of 36
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

True, reminds me of an Abe Lincoln quote.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 24 of 36
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 25 of 36
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Edit: I can think of 3 cards with no annual fee, that can give more than 5% cash back.

OK, I'll bite!   Which ones are you thinking of?    I think it also depends on definitions, so some cards give back say $25 with the first purchase (some cards from Barclays for example).   So if I just spend 1c, I get $25 back!   What  a card!   But doesn't really scale.

I suspect one of your three is the Cash Plus, with the additional $25 for redeeming $100.  But that's only true for small spends (per card).

Citizens Bank Green$ense (25 cents per transaction, 50 cents if you have certain other Citizens Bank accounts). Less than $5 transactions = more than 5% cash back. For example $4 transactions would be 6.25% cash back; $2.50 transactions would be 10% cash back, etc.

US Bank Cash+ $2000 spend in 5% categories per year, with $25 bonus, wouldbe 6.25% cash back.

Bank Of America Better Balance Rewards.

Right, but these don't scale much, like the spend 1c get $25 initial use offers.   To me, getting more than 5% would mean that for all X, spending X (in certain categories) gives me more than 0.05X in rewards.   

Message 26 of 36
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

that's the one Smiley Wink

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 27 of 36
Stralem
Established Contributor

That YouTube clip... Gah. Had I never found this and similar forums, I'd have called BS on it.

@MoreRewards wrote:

Do people ever have reactions to the amount or usage of your cards? 

I don't speak about my personal finances with anyone. My mother knows I have credit cards because I've made her an AU on a couple of them. My siblings and other family probably know, but like I said, I don't discuss my finances with them and they don't pry.

My friends know I have a couple of cards, but they have cards as well (Amex Platinums and CSPs to boot), so it's not exactly the most thrilling discussion topic. They only ever say anything when I make small purchases with a card instead of cash. I have to tell them that Dunkin Donuts doesn't care how I pay for my $2 cup of caffeinated bean juice, just that I pay period.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 28 of 36
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Yes, hopefully most of us keep our cc obsession here and not in the rest of our lives.   When people talk about having all their credit cards in a spreadsheet, with statement cut, payment due, APR, CL, 0% period etc, I just have a vision of someone bringing that out on a first date.  

"And the reason I'm paying with the Freedom, is that this quarter I get 5% (up to $1,500) which I can transfer to my CSP, or Ink for that matter, then I can transfer them to British Airways Avios which I can then use on American.   Now I was thinking of using my cash plus, but the utilization on that is 32.51% and US Bank reports at the end of the month and I want to..   Where are you going????"

Message 29 of 36
mattmix36
Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

haha...I remember forcing my wife to watch this movie...that was my favorite scene!

My Wallet: AMEX Platinum | Citi AAdvantage Exec $20k | Chase Marriott Rewards Premier $12k | United MileagePlus Club 8k | FNBO $25k | Chase Military Officers Club $9k | Discover IT $5.5k | BankAmericard $30k | PENFED Platinum Cash Rewards $10.5k | Barclay Rewards $6.15k | USAA AMEX $15k | USAA MC $16k | NFCU Flagship Rewards $25k | Logix $15k | Chase Ink Cash $12k | Paypal MC $5k | Walmart Discover $5.4k | Chase Freedom $2k | Sallie Mae $2k | Target RedCard $300 | JP Morgan Ritz-Carlton Rewards $5k | BoA Alaska $1k

Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.