Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kansas City Chiefs by 17 points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kansas City Chiefs by 17 points

My favorite part of Superbowl Sunday is when a room full of guys, that act like they know everything about football, all go completely silent after a flag is thrown and no one really knows what the rule is on the play.

Then all the guys on TV defer to the 'guy in New York' who usually looks like Bill Gates.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
iced
Valued Contributor

Re: Kansas City Chiefs by 17 points

@Anonymous wrote:

My favorite part of Superbowl Sunday is when a room full of guys, that act like they know everything about football, all go completely silent after a flag is thrown and no one really knows what the rule is on the play.

Then all the guys on TV defer to the 'guy in New York' who usually looks like Bill Gates.

Let's not forget the millions of fans who think they somehow contributed to the success of said sportsball team and therefore are entitled to feeling superior to others. The whole "we did this" and "we won" stuff you hear bruhs in bars say during every game.

If they were more honest, same said bruhs could say something like "We rule and you suck because 40 men paid more than I'll ever see in my lifetime did something completely meaningless on a field 2,000 miles away and that's all the justification I need to be an insufferable d*ck for the next week at work and on social media. I could probably find something else in my largely meaningless existence to take pride in, but I think I'll stick to tacking my self-worth to a group of strangers, thanks."

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Kansas City Chiefs by 17 points

@iced wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Let's not forget the millions of fans who think they somehow contributed to the success of said sportsball team and therefore are entitled to feeling superior to others. The whole "we did this" and "we won" stuff you hear bruhs in bars say during every game.

If they were more honest, same said bruhs could say something like "We rule and you suck because 40 men paid more than I'll ever see in my lifetime did something completely meaningless on a field 2,000 miles away and that's all the justification I need to be an insufferable d*ck for the next week at work and on social media. I could probably find something else in my largely meaningless existence to take pride in, but I think I'll stick to tacking my self-worth to a group of strangers, thanks."

So you won't be at the Chiefs parade tomorrow.

I won't argue with any of that brilliantly insightful and hilarious perspective.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.