Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked threads

tag
Boragard
Established Contributor

Locked threads

I have always wondered why are there locked threads? There have been numerous times in which I wish I could have responded to a thread that was flowing well and then it was randomly locked.  What are the causes of getting a thread locked? can they be unlocked? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
imaximous
Valued Contributor

Re: Locked threads

@Boragard wrote:

I have always wondered why are there locked threads? There have been numerous times in which I wish I could have responded to a thread that was flowing well and then it was randomly locked.  What are the causes of getting a thread locked? can they be unlocked? 

A few reasons come to mind...

- Old threads that get revived where info may not be relevant anymore.

- When someone posts in the Credit Card Applications section and then gets approved.

- Someone starts a thread and solution was provided or decision has been made on subject.

- Not often, but when people get out of hand and the discussion gets derailed or arguments become disrespectul or violate the forum rules.

- Trolling.

Maybe some other reasons I'm forgetting, but that's sort of what I've seen over the years.

I'm not a mod, but I assume a thread could be unlocked if requested as long as there's a valid reason for it.

Message 2 of 4
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@imaximous wrote:

@Boragard wrote:

A few reasons come to mind...

- Old threads that get revived where info may not be relevant anymore.

- When someone posts in the Credit Card Applications section and then gets approved.

- Someone starts a thread and solution was provided or decision has been made on subject.

- Not often, but when people get out of hand and the discussion gets derailed or arguments become disrespectul or violate the forum rules.

- Trolling.

Maybe some other reasons I'm forgetting, but that's sort of what I've seen over the years.

I'm not a mod, but I assume a thread could be unlocked if requested as long as there's a valid reason for it.

- If there's an informational or administrative post that doesn't need to be expanded as a thread.

- If a thread has been moved or was merged with another one, a link to the new location may be left as a stub and the thread will be locked.

It's OK to ask mods to unlock a thread.  You can just left-click on the 3 dots on the upper right of a relevant post in the locked thread and select "Report Inappropriate Content" where you can type in your request.  You don't have to be actually be reporting inappropriate content to use the report inappropriate content feature, it is meant to be used whenever there is a legitimate need or desire to contact the mods.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 3 of 4
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Posts have been removed for violations of the myFICO Terms of Service.

This topic has been thoroughly answered by the two previous posters and is closed to further discussion.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.