Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Riskiest Places to Swipe Your Debit Card

tag
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Riskiest Places to Swipe Your Debit Card

Swipe with caution.

While a debit card can help prevent you from racking up some serious credit card debt, it can also put you in a more dangerous situation - like the risk of identity theft or fraudulent charges.

https://amp.businessinsider.com/debit-card-vs-credit-card-vs-cash-when-to-use-2018-4
Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Riskiest Places to Swipe Your Debit Card

SOGGIE ... great post!
Message 2 of 5
Blodreina
Established Contributor

Honestly, I think anywhere is risky to swipe a debit card.  Credit cards are a fantastic layer of protection for your funds.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Once I learned about the benefits (points) of credit cards, I now only use credit. I've had my card numbers stole 2 times and am very happy that it was my credit card and not my Debt card. But yes I do (overcharge) at least more than I use to but I'm above water so it's all good. 😉

@Blodreina wrote:

Honestly, I think anywhere is risky to swipe a debit card.  Credit cards are a fantastic layer of protection for your funds.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My debit card that is linked to my main savings has never been used for ANYTHING.

I'll use the debit card to a checking account I keep about $1000 in when I need to get cash from an ATM. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.