Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

? Ugly credit cards

tag
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

? Ugly credit cards

I've seen a few posts about 'good' looking credit cards.

Asking to see if anybody has 'ugly' ones...

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
BearsCubsOtters
Frequent Contributor

Re: ? Ugly credit cards

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

I've seen a few posts about 'good' looking credit cards.

Asking to see if anybody has 'ugly' ones...

Looks are subjective but....

I think all "vertical" cards are ugly; I do not like them and I hate when banks/credit unions switch to them and force them on people like me, that do not care for them.

I am not a fan of the redesigned NFCU Cash Rewards card.

I have also never seen an attractive BMO Harris; TD Bank or BB&T card. And newer Bank of The West cards are pretty bad too. 

Dishonorable mentions of course go to the sub primers: First Premier, Credit One and Merrick Bank. 

Message 2 of 29
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Not a fan of the "snowy" Amex designs (ED, EDP, BCE, BBP, etc.)

Sallie Mae Rewards (the 5% one) was nothing special to look at.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 29
TSlop
Valued Contributor

I think my BoA PR is absolutely ugly (see signature). It's a jumble of different fonts,  sizes and offsets that are randomly spread across the card. Seriously, 5 different lines of text across the card.

I could give this card a pass if it cleaned up the text, even with the same background. Maybe just have BoA and premium rewards in the upper right and call it a day. Move my name, visa signature, and Merrill Lynch to the back.

Message 4 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here are the 2 cards from Lake Michigan FCU.  I always thought they were terrible looking.  I think they would be fine without the words Prime and Max but they are way too big on the cards.

lfcu.JPG

Message 5 of 29
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@TSlop wrote:

I think my BoA PR is absolutely ugly (see signature). It's a jumble of different fonts,  sizes and offsets that are randomly spread across the card. Seriously, 5 different lines of text across the card.

I could give this card a pass if it cleaned up the text, even with the same background. Maybe just have BoA and premium rewards in the upper right and call it a day. Move my name, visa signature, and Merrill Lynch to the back.

It looks like a card to purchase car tires. 

Message 6 of 29
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Here are the 2 cards from Lake Michigan FCU.  I always thought they were terrible looking.  I think they would be fine without the words Prime and Max but they are way too big on the cards.

lfcu.JPG

I totally agree about the font size being out of scale.  

This reminds me of a friend who said to her fiance that she wanted a  "big" ring.  Well, he did what she wished and got her a big ring.   Her band was like 7 mm (vs 4 mm) so it made the diamond look smaller than it was...

Thanks for the replies.   Keep 'em coming.

Message 7 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

DCU Platinum is the ugliest card in my wallet. In fact it's the only card I have that I consider ugly. The basic black and white color scheme would work very well if they didn't add glitter to it which makes it look even cheaper than it feels. 

5D3BD1B1-918E-473D-8CFA-CB822A02F680.jpeg

The image looks better than the card does...

Message 8 of 29
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

@TSlop wrote:

It looks like a card to purchase car tires. 

Brought to you by the people who created Merrill Edge.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 9 of 29
blindambition
Senior Contributor

The ugliest was one I had in the 80's. I was a AU on my moms Sears card when I was a teen. Back then you showed a signed note. That wouldn't fly now.

Anyways, it was white with gold lettering. Looked like vomit. The card wasn't even a full sized card, it was like 1/3 of a regular card. It was so strange.

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.