cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is this forum so against sharing links to.........

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is this forum so against sharing links to.........

other forums that are just like this one and sometimes have better info then myfico forums I think this forum violates its own terms, the many sites I share are exactly like this one and they get deleted I share this site on many other sites and there is no problem maybe I might think second before recommending this site myfico forums seems to be the only forum to be selling stuff

all of these sites are just like this one I deleted the links I had on each one

I'm not advertising these site I am just a big supporter of ones that have good info all none profit except Myfico Forum site

1.) Cardratings} 

2.) CreditBoards}   
3.) Myfico}                                
4.) Fatwallet} 

5.) CreditNet} 

6.) Smart Money Forums} 
7.) Financeglobe} 

8.) TheCreditForums} 

9.) Personal Finance Forums} 
10.) kiplinger} 

11.) creditorweb} 

12.) Money Forums} 

13.) FlyerTalk} 

14.) financeforums} 
15.) askmrcreditcard} 

16.) whogavemecredit} 
17.) creditwrench} 

18.) TheMoneyPost} 

19.) WiseBreadForums} 

20.) savingadvice} 

21.) city-data} 

Message Edited by alaskan_assassin_07 on 10-27-2008 10:15 AM
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
cadavis0609
Frequent Contributor

Re: Why is this forum so against shareing links to.........

I think that it gets deleted because while they may have good info on them, there are alot of misconceptions about fico scoring out there and they have no way of regulating mis information on these other sites or correcting it. Furthermore, FICO has a commitment to ethical credit improvement and these other sites don't always see it the same way. I think its generous for them to even allow us to list these site names on here. You are free to make your own decisions about the credibility of the other sites or how ethical they are, but I don't think we should expect FICO to endorse them.

Sept 07 EQ 419

April 2012 EQ- 669 EXP- 680 TU-700= Proud New Homeowner!
Message 2 of 25
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

This site goes for legal and ethical.  Most other sites suggest things that are often neither!

And bear in mind, this site is owned and run by a company in the private sector, and thus is probably subject to legal constraints that other boards are not 

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 25
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

MidnightVoice wrote:

This site goes for legal and ethical.  Most other sites suggest things that are often neither!

And bear in mind, this site is owned and run by a company in the private sector, and thus is probably subject to legal constraints that other boards are not 

Well said!

I've disagreed with a few decisions in the past and had a post or two or three banned. And I have certainly disagreed with the admins a couple times on this forum. But I look at it this way: I am a guest here. As long as someone else creates and hosts these forums, I can't complain. I figured that if I didn't like the rules, I could start my own forums.

Message 4 of 25
fused
Moderator Emeritus

alaskan_assassin, this is your second thread on this subject and I still don't see your point.
Message 5 of 25
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

As I replied on your other thread, if discussion of no-holds-barred credit repair was allowed here, it could make myFICO vulnerable to being categorized as a Credit Repair Organization. Linking to other forums that advocate this could cause trouble.

I don't see why you're so upset. (although I can see that you put a lot of work into your list) It's not as if members here can't figure how to Google these sites on there own.

It's just that the forums have to draw a sharp line between us and the shadier sites. Plus try to stay on top of the dubious posts here. Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all your replys I just had to get it off my back Im done with this issueSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 25
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Let me answere my way.

1 I have never read (as most of us) myfico TOS.

2. I hate when people do not pay legit debts.

3. I physically can not be in debt. When I have balance on my CC I should be stopped from paying it off right away.

I know a few of forums you listed 

1. Creditboards. Unbelievably rude mods and admins, encourage not to pay legit debts, rude and unsupportive crowd. This forum has very good info, but very lame search engine.

2. Fatwallet. While there is a lot of good info, there is very rude crowd.

3. Cardratings. Boring.

4.Whogavemecredit and askmrcredit. Thay are very young forums with very limited number of members and posts and can not serve as a source of info.

5. Financeglobe. Boring

6. Flytalk. Good forum only for people who needs to maximize flying rewards, can not be source of general credit info.

Message Edited by wmarat on 10-26-2008 04:55 PM
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 8 of 25
MattH
Senior Contributor

@wmarat wrote:

1. Creditboards. Unbelievably rude mods and admins, encourage not to pay legit debts, rude and unsupportive crowd. This forum has very good info, but very lame search engine.

I've looked at Creditboards and share wmarat's opinion: this board is about knowing the rules and working within them, whereas many on Creditboards are trying to exploit the rules in ways that are at best ethically questionable.  There is a big difference between improving one's credit score by adopting responsible behaviors (most of which are sound personal finance regardless of how they affect FICO scores) versus improving one's credit score by trying to conceal the truth from lenders.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 9 of 25
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

@wmarat wrote:

Unbelievably rude mods

Worse than here?  Unbelievable  Smiley Very Happy 

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.