tag
Guardian
Valued Contributor

Re: Windows 7 vs. Vista

@bicknar wrote:

Guardian,

Well Met

A

I have been using 7 since the development alpha release, more than a year and half, and had no problems with it. It runs on most machines without needing drivers. Nearly 90% of machines who have 7 installed on them, require you to provide no drivers. Only if you have some very unique or unknown device, might you still need to install a driver. Anyway, as long as it is helpful then I am glad, otherwise if what you got it working for you, then let it be unless you have a free upgrade available to you, I would say ABSOLUTELY, upgrade, you'll love it.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 11 of 30
marty56
Super Contributor

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:
@marty56, have you tried creating a "god mode" folder yet?

I never heard of that and did some research on it.  I dont think I'm interested in doing that.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 12 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just installed windows 7 from a free upgrade and actually really like it.  Some of my Facebook applications run a lot better.....

Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just installed windows 7 from a free upgrade and actually really like it.  Some of my Facebook applications run a lot better.....

How did you get the free upgrade? I think Windows should offer me one because Windows 7 was released just weeks after I got my laptop with Vista. Smiley Sad

Message 14 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just found out you are eligible for 7 if you bought your computer with Vista after 6/26/09. I bought mine 6/01/09. Smiley Mad 
Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought my computer in October and it came with a certificate for the free upgrade.  I had to actually send away for the free upgrade.  It took six weeks to get it which was kind of weird.  My husband uses his computer more extensively and he actually bought Windows 7.  He has been very pleased with it.  Many of the programs he was having trouble with are running much more smoothly now. 

Message 16 of 30
DI
Super Contributor

I'm still using Vista Ultimate home edition.  I doubt if I change OS anytime soon.  I paid a good bit of money for Vista Ultimate. 
Message 17 of 30
iamrayl
Regular Contributor

I work in IT, the differences between 7 and Vista are mainly performance based.  Vista was no different to Windows ME, it just sucked.  A big memory hog, many programs didn't work, various issues with print drivers etc.  7 is alot smoother.  I've noticed a big improvement on my work and personal machines.  They boot quicker, programs load faster and run quicker.  Many PC manufacturers offer free upgrades to Windows 7 from Vista (Dell for sure for any machines purchased after June 1st 2009).  Search their website for Windows 7 upgrade and it should direct you to the appropriate site.  You can also purchase upgrades from Amazon.  The upgrade is absolutely worth it so if you can afford it, go for it.
Message 18 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a 64-bit HP running Vista OS. I bought Windows 7 and hated it. Uninstalled 7

and reinstalled Vista. I'm happy again. I personally don't understand all the gripes

about Vista. As someone who is a bit more computer savvy than most; I love Vista.

Message 19 of 30
marty56
Super Contributor

@DI wrote:
I'm still using Vista Ultimate home edition.  I doubt if I change OS anytime soon.  I paid a good bit of money for Vista Ultimate. 

You'll crack, its only a matter of time.  You know you can go to Sams with 2 other friends and by a 3 license pack for $150.  $50 and your free.  Not too shabby for a Vista-ectamy

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.