Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FYI NO MORE DIRECT LOANS

tag
SoshiHomie84
New Contributor

Re: FYI NO MORE DIRECT LOANS

Welp, technically some of the dates were reporting incorrectly. For instance how it is possible to be 120 late in May, and 90 late in June without making a payment and no late at all in April, lol? So it's their fault for reporting inaccurately. Sure it was late, but they didn't report with accuracy, so they lose. I win. 

The point is that Direct Loans is not checking and people should be able to have lates removed when the rules are not being enforced. Are we not to take advantage of opportunity? I'd say not to is naive. 

Message 11 of 16
SCF
Valued Contributor

@tomas247 wrote:

Welp, technically some of the dates were reporting incorrectly. For instance how it is possible to be 120 late in May, and 90 late in June without making a payment and no late at all in April, lol? So it's their fault for reporting inaccurately. Sure it was late, but they didn't report with accuracy, so they lose. I win. 

The point is that Direct Loans is not checking and people should be able to have lates removed when the rules are not being enforced. Are we not to take advantage of opportunity? I'd say not to is naive. 

Actually, the situation you describe is possible if a partial payment is made, a loan is about to be transferred to another lender, or some type of new payment agreement/deferment or forbearance is agreed on.  Your general rule of thumb, with credit reporting as with all things should be to tell the truth and act ethically.  If your dipuste to the CRA stated that you were never late, then you lied, and I don't think that is right, and as Lexie pointed out, it's also again the TOS for this site.

I totally understand that you want to improve your credit, and why, but I've never understood the attitude of "I've commited to not making any more mistakes, so I shouldn't have to deal with the consequences of my old ones anymore."

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello happy ppl!  This is my first post after months of lurking Smiley Happy  I came upon this particular thread after inserting "Direct Loans" in the search box.  I want to attest to the fact that Direct Loans were wiped off of my CR after only dispute (via TU website).  I honestly did have issues with the way in which the information was listed. After submitting my dispute (via TU website), in a matter of hours, i received notification that changes were made to my CR.  Now, IDK if it was due to the information shared by User: shootingstar , but the 3  (Direct Loans) TLs were deleted nonetheless.  I do hope someone gets some confirmation or atleast some assurance from my experience.

PS.  My TU scored did drop 2 points immediately after  Smiley Sad

Again, all you guys are awesome for your input, I've Learned SOOOO much about Crediting and Finances from yall!!!!

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I should dispute any US DOE late payments right now? I have a couple 60 days that happened when I was really sick...I'm in the process of rebuilding my credit now. It's either dispute the late payments or send a GW letter. Is this an acceptable route?

Message 14 of 16
SCF
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I should dispute any US DOE late payments right now? I have a couple 60 days that happened when I was really sick...I'm in the process of rebuilding my credit now. It's either dispute the late payments or send a GW letter. Is this an acceptable route?

The dispute process is there to help you correct inaccurate information on your credit report.  If the lates are accurate, the appropriate course of action is to pursue a goodwill adjustment.

Message 15 of 16
mmmlive1999
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for this information, I wondered what had  happened .... because I had been fighting for corrections to be made to my TL for 2 years with no luck, then on this latest round of disputes Direct Loans was deleted.

Starting Score: 6/6/12: TU 585/EQ 472/ EX 561
Current Score: All 800's
Cap1 QS - $17k, Chase Southwest- $25k, Discover IT - $50k
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.