Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got Repurchase Letter From Nelnet...

tag
keyelove
New Contributor

Got Repurchase Letter From Nelnet...

Ok so here's the deal...

I filed Chapter 13 in 2007. My loans went into default 1/2009. I didn't even know until like last year that they were in default. At any rate I've been fighting and fighting to get Nelnet to repurchase the loans since I was in the 13 at the time they defaulted my loans. NONE of my efforts were successful.

So....today my DH goes to get the mail and there are two repurchase letters from NelNet. Starting off in all caps GOOD NEWS! So while I wanted to be excited I was thinking how is this possible when they kept telling me NO, NO NO. I called them up to verify the validity of letters and they were ma'am your new loans haven't hit our systems yet. Give it 7 - 10 biz days. I'm like I don't have 7 - 10 biz days. If you are in fact repurchasing my loans I need to cancel the Direct Consolidation I did to get them out of default status. They reviewed notes and didn't really see anything that indicated my loans went through the process necessary to have them repurchased. However, they kept saying well if you got the letter it must mean they are repurchased.

Then she looks and sees I called in 4/3/2013 inquiring yet again about the possibility of them repurchasing the loans. The rep basically said, I can send you some forms to fill out, give me a sec while I find them. I'm thinking this guy generated repurchase letters instead of sending me forms.

This is so darn unfair...I wish they had to abide by the letter by the mere fact they sent it to me. They said they'd investigate and get back to me....

Starting Score Early 2013: TU - 556 & EF - 552 & EXP - 591
Current Score 10/09/14 (MyFico): TU - 666 & EF - 665 & EXP- 711
Goal Score: 730 Across all 3 bureaus
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.