Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How should I approach this?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How should I approach this?

How should I tackle this? I'm thinking I should pay off the highest interest loans first? I appreciate it.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How should I approach this?

@Anonymous wrote:

How should I tackle this? I'm thinking I should pay off the highest interest loans first? I appreciate it.

Agreed, pay the ones with the highest interest first and then the ones with the lowest rate. 

Message 2 of 14
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

yeah theres not much else you can do those rates are pretty solid. maybe try to consolidate them so you have less payments thats a lot of loans. 

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 3 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

consolidate IMO for a nice fixed APR.  I think mine are around 4% fixed

Message 4 of 14
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

+1

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 5 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@bigblue7722 wrote:

yeah theres not much else you can do those rates are pretty solid. maybe try to consolidate them so you have less payments thats a lot of loans

+1

Holy Jesus.JPG

Message 6 of 14
HiLine
Blogger

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

+1. Way easier to manage this way.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for your input. It's definitely a lot of loans, but it was the only way to pay for school.. Smiley Sad

The average interest rate it lists on the website is 4.6%. I'm assuming that will be the fixed APR once I consolidate? And is it a good idea to consolidate if I have both subsidized and unsubsidized loans because I don't need to pay the interest for the subsidized loans? thanks again!!

Message 8 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

School isn't cheap, but hopefully those loans will pay off with the education you are getting or have gotten!  I know mine have, although I have made many other mistakes in my life.  School wasn't one of my many mistakes and have payed way more then I could ever count 1000x's back!

Message 9 of 14
SCF
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks everyone for your input. It's definitely a lot of loans, but it was the only way to pay for school.. Smiley Sad

The average interest rate it lists on the website is 4.6%. I'm assuming that will be the fixed APR once I consolidate? And is it a good idea to consolidate if I have both subsidized and unsubsidized loans because I don't need to pay the interest for the subsidized loans? thanks again!!

Your interest rate will be the weighted average of all the loans (weighted by amount owed), so you effectively pay the same amount interest either way if you follow the same repayment plan.  When you consolidate, your subsidized and unsubsidized loans will be put into separate tradelines so that you don't give up the benefits of the subsidized loans in terms of interest being paid if you defer them in the future.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.