cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late Payments on Closed account disappeared?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Late Payments on Closed account disappeared?

Hello, 

This is my first post on this forum so forgive me if i dont give enough information.  I recently had my Nelnet account closed which had a few late payments.  I recently had my Nelnet account closed since it was transferred to FedLoan for the Forgiveness Loan Program.  I just got an update from CK that the account closed and when i looked at my TransUnion & Equifax payment histories, it showed that those late payments from Nelnet are gone or are not affecting my Credit Score anymore?  Does anyone know if this was a mistake, doesn't it take 7 years even if the account is closed?  Will these late payments be transferred to FedLoan once the transfer is complete?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Re: Late Payments on Closed account disappeared?

I would check CR from the CRAs.

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 2 of 3
lavish800club

Re: Late Payments on Closed account disappeared?

Hi,

I had a similar situation with my student loan. It was with ACS then transferred to NelNet. CK was reporting 100% payment history but when I signed up with myfico to my surprise ACS reported me 60 days late 9 months ago. I disputed the late payment and it was deleted. CK is not always accurate. 

FICO 8 scores 8/1/2018

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.