Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PHEAA/ National society

tag
sni723111

PHEAA/ National society

I need help!!
My husband had a private student loan with Key Bank that was in charged off status. In July we settled with them and it is now at $0 balance. For some reason PHEAA/ national society is reporting on his credit for the same loan. From my understanding they are the services of the key bank loans?. But why are they also able to to report on his credit for the same loan when its not even theirs? It's been paid...their services are done Smiley Happy
They are also not reported correctly....they are still reporting charged off. So we sent them a dispute letter. My husband just called them and she said it isn't going to change.
How can i fight this? Is there a way to get them completely removed? They are awful to speak to either....they have no clue whats going on.
Please help!,
Thank you
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
sni723111

Re: PHEAA/ National society

Just got off the phone with pheaa. Apparently they report the loan until it goes in bad standing, report charged off and then no longer service the loan. They then leave the fighting to key bank. But she said they do not update the status of the loan bc the last time it was with them was CO not settled. Just doesnt seem right.....must be a way to get them to fix this Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 3
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: PHEAA/ National society

Just paying off a collection doesn't remove it from your report.  What exactly does the tradeline show?  It should show $0 balance and a status like "paid."  If it looks like you still have the debt, then I would dispute it.  Otherwise, your best bet would be GW letters to get them to adjust the reporting, or just wait until the 7 year mark hits and it falls off.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.