Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSLF Success

tag
ds3
Regular Contributor

PSLF Success

After years of frustration with the PSLF, I finally had my loans completely forgiven, and helped a friend get her's forgiven as well. It's so much easier with the PSLF Waiver to get payments to count towards the magic 120. It did have a huge impact on my scores...about -75 points across the board, but it'll rebound soon enough.

For anyone still working on it, best of luck, and don't give up!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: PSLF Success

@ds3 wrote:

After years of frustration with the PSLF, I finally had my loans completely forgiven, and helped a friend get her's forgiven as well. It's so much easier with the PSLF Waiver to get payments to count towards the magic 120. It did have a huge impact on my scores...about -75 points across the board, but it'll rebound soon enough.

For anyone still working on it, best of luck, and don't give up!

Congratulations!!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 4
teekay629
New Contributor

Yay! Congratulations! I agree that the limited waiver is a huge help! I was able to count so many payments. I wish it would have counted times where I could not afford to make payments and had to go on a forbearance (hence no payments due). But I will take what I can get. I have about five more years left until I qualify for forgiveness.

Message 3 of 4
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on the loan forgivenss and thank you for the data points! ☺️

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.