Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying Navient with Cashback CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paying Navient with Cashback CC

After reading that Navient allows CC payments thru the automated system I thought I'd give it a try. I was able to pay one of my accounts thru the automated system (<$200) without any difficulty and no additional fees. I attempted to pay my larger loan a few days later on the automated line (>$1500) but the transaction was declined. I called my cc and they said the charge was not attempted. I called Navient back and spoke with an operator who encouraged me to go online and pay using my bank account. I told her I wanted to pay with my cc. She said there is a $14.95 fee but after checking with a superior it was waived. The whole process took about 40 minutes. Not ideal but I do like the thought of earning cashback.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Paying Navient with Cashback CC

I pay my student loans monthly through checking account. I have thought about wanting to push CC payments when I needed to meet sign up bonuses and what not. But at the end of the day, it just seems like a run around to me to use a CC. I would only use one, and this is just me, if I didnt have the cash immediately available and I needed to use the CC to float the payment. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paying Navient with Cashback CC

I'd love to use a cc for my student loan payments. But FedLoan has my loans and they don't offer the option at all. Would be nice to earn cash back or airline miles.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.