Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae Stafford Deferment - YIKES!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sallie Mae Stafford Deferment - YIKES!

Yikes, I applied for a deferment and waws approved.....BUT, my fico fell 61 points because of it!!  I did not realize that would happen.  I suppose now, if I cancel the deferment and just get through this period until September, when I go back to school, my credit would still be ruined (?)  Or would my credit go back up immediately?  I have never been late on a student loan and was quite surprised how much this deferment affected my score.  anyone else have this happen?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
GFer
Valued Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae Stafford Deferment - YIKES!

They did the same thing to me!
Not really fair....

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Sallie Mae Stafford Deferment - YIKES!

Check the link stickied at the top of this board. Sallie Mae miscoded their graduated payment plans and created a horrendous mess. They're in the process of trying to untangle themselves, it appears.

I would expect that you'll need to do a lot of follow-up on this even after they make their changes to be sure that all the uglies are properly removed from your reports.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.