Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae pretty spiteful, LOL!

tag
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Sallie Mae pretty spiteful, LOL!

Long story but here's the abridged version:

Applied for a cosigner release last week after 2+ years of on-time payments.

Logged into my Sallie Mae account and was notified of no deferrals being available. Didn't apply for one and found it odd.

Called and was told the same thing by their automated system.

Spoke to a representative who said 'The release was denied due to other student loans being in deferral. We ran your credit to make the decision'. I complained that the denial reason wasn't disclosed and have no derogatory information on my credit report. Neither Ex or EQ showed a credit pull, hard or soft.

Escalated to supervisor.

Hard pull on EX, dated yesterday, just showed up. They didn't run it until after I called, LOL! Yeah, yeah, yeah, I realize they have "permissible purpose" but the decision was made before the HP and it was purely out of spite because I asked for reconsideration and dared speak to a supervisor. Cooler still is the inquiry is listed as "Other Collection Agencies"!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae pretty spiteful, LOL!

I emailed their customer advocate's office Sunday night and heard back from them yesterday after lunch. Spoke with a very pleasant gentleman who listened to my concerns, opened the file and read me the letter Sallie Mae mailed out Friday. Letter stated reasons for the denial and did not reference credit or credit pulls. He asked for further information (Screenshots) and promised to call back after investigating.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.