Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan Question

tag
hjh916
Established Member

Student Loan Question

Hi everyone!  I don't know if this is the correct forum, however I was  hoping somebody could help.

I completed my SL rehab on 09/24 and immediately disputed with all 3 CB's.  No change Smiley Sad.  I have a question and wanted to see if I was thinking correctly regarding removing the old SL collections off my report.  Loan originated 2001 and I defaulted 2003 through Sallie Mae.  I was very young and VERY stupid.  Over the years, I would come to an agreement with Sallie Mae to pay, however would never oblige.  Loans sold to Navient.  They started reporting 2013.  Never paid them.  Loans sold to NelNet. They started reporting 2014.  Never paid them.  Again, completed rehab this year, however Nelnet won't budge and I have lates reporting all throughout 2014 and 2015.  Shouldn't I be able to dispute Nelnet as "account too old to be on file" since the original loan was defaulted over 10 years ago.  Does that make sense?  Or are student loans a different animal?

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.