cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loans Rehabilitated. Next Action?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Student Loans Rehabilitated. Next Action?

Hello all,

I know that there are a few threads floating around, but was curious as to what everyone has been experiencing recently. I just completed loan rehab through Coast Professional and now my loans have been transferred to Navient, all loans are showing in their website with a $0 balance, which I am sure will be updated soon. Are there any actions that I need to take currently with my credit report or should I trust that the system automatically addresses the updates? I would like to hear from anyone who has currently completed rehab and what their results are or anyone that can offer any lessons learned from their experiences. Thanks in advance for your time.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Student Loans Rehabilitated. Next Action?

I also just finished with coast professional. I posted a thread on here but the only info I can tell you so far is that I went ahead and disputed my sl with each credit bureau to move the process along and so far Equifax has removed 4 of them. I will be updating my thread as things happen.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you provide Equifax with any documentation or just filled out their pre-populated options on the disputes page? I haven't received anything officially in writing from Coast as of yet.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven’t received anything official either. But I wrote in the comment box creditor agreed to remove late payment/default status to show pays as agreed. So im Assuming it will be added again with the correct updated info within the 30 days of my dispute.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

FlyAUTigers:
I know you are eager for this process to be over, but I would caution you to wait it out rather than disputing things. Wait until you can see how they will remove and report things first.
The default is removed as part of the process. It is not inaccurate. Without any confirmation that this process is correct, you are turning in a dispute that is likely not true.
Additionally, it is only the default that is guaranteed to be removed by rehabbing (which makes it more beneficial that consolidation imo). Your lates are removed at the discretion of the servicer. This is not to say that since people have not had success with front the lates removed through dispute. This only means that you are basically reporting something as inaccurate when it is not and opening yourself up to the possible consequences of that.
Waiting for your tradelines to update and see they are already removed is probably a better plan.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.