Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loans reporting Again!

tag
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Student Loans reporting Again!

Ok, so I was looking over my EQ report last night and I noticed that the Dept of Ed. started a new trade line with my student loans on it.

The first one had been on there for a long time, but was reporting a $0 balance with the status in collections.  But now as of last month they added a new TL on my reports also showing as collections, but this one has a balance $12,000+.   But the strange thing is that the balance that Windham Professionals (The CA that I am rehabbing my loans through) shows is around the high 20,000 to 30,000 range.  So none of this is adding up.

Does the Dept of Ed still report the TL even though a CA is handling the loans?  Or could it possibly be that the Dept of Ed is gearing up to take my loans back over (Direct Loans)?  Just wondering why now all the sudden they would decide to report.  I'm 7 payments into my rehab at this time.  Any thoughts on this?

Much appreciated.

Edit: Wanted to add that the original TL under the comments section says: Collection Account

But the new TL that was just added last month under the comments section says: Student Loan Assigned to Government, Collection Account.

Don't know if this sheds any light on it or not

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Kathy4NU
Frequent Contributor

Re: Student Loans reporting Again!

This same thing happened to me.  I got an alert e-mail.  Strange thing is that my FICO went up 9 pts although what they reported was equally as negative.  I am on month 2 of rehab.  I figured I will leave it alone until 9 payments have posted. 

June '12: EQ 553 TU 0 EX 545
April '13 Lender Pull EQ 731, EX 692, TU 722 - all FICO

Closed on home May 22, 2013 at 2:00pm!!!
CU Visa $1000, VS $350, Chase Freedom $1000, Discover IT $2500, Home Depot: $2700, Menards $3000, NFM $3500
What's been deleted: 32 collections, 5 PR, 2 tax liens, defaulted student loans
Message 2 of 3
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Re: Student Loans reporting Again!

Yah I was trying to decide if I should call and try to get it corrected or not.  But I think you're right, cos right now I've only got 2 more months to go before my rehab payments are complete.  At that point it should all be cleaned up properly anyway.  If not I think that would be a better time to bring it up to dept of ed or CA.  Don't want to draw any unwanted attention before my rehab has a chance to complete. Smiley Very Happy

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.