cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPD discharge of SL - how should it report?

rosco75
Established Member

TPD discharge of SL - how should it report?

I recieved my TPD discharge months ago, and my balances on all my loands show $0. But under pay status it says transfered and remarks state: "ACCT CLOSED DUE TO TRANSFER; TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER OFFICE"

Another odd thing that I dont understand about my student loans is that they list me having payments from 2016 and 2017 when I didnt make any payments at all during those years. The last time I made a payment to a student loan was back in 2010. Is this re aging? So confusing. 

Shouldnt the account be listed as "CLOSED"?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
dragontears
Valued Contributor

Re: TPD discharge of SL - how should it report?

@rosco75 wrote:

I recieved my TPD discharge months ago, and my balances on all my loands show $0. But under pay status it says transfered and remarks state: "ACCT CLOSED DUE TO TRANSFER; TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER OFFICE"

Another odd thing that I dont understand about my student loans is that they list me having payments from 2016 and 2017 when I didnt make any payments at all during those years. The last time I made a payment to a student loan was back in 2010. Is this re aging? So confusing. 

Were the loans in good standing when closed?

Were the loans in any kind of forbearance, deferment or income based repayment during 2016 and 2017?

Scores hover around 800
Haven't been AZEO in over a year
Rome was not built in a day, neither is a good credit profile
Message 2 of 3
rosco75
Established Member

Re: TPD discharge of SL - how should it report?

@dragontears wrote:

@rosco75 wrote:

Were the loans in good standing when closed?

Were the loans in any kind of forbearance, deferment or income based repayment during 2016 and 2017?

At the time of my TPD there were lates and not in good standing I believe. As for the forbearance and deferment....I honestly cannot recall. I suppose it is possible. Would those be listed as payments?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.