Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well Rehab Hasn't Helped!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well Rehab Hasn't Helped!

Finally finished rehabbing all my student loans in November...waited patiently for a few months to let them do their thing and start new account reporting and fix the old baddies..still nothing st the end of February so I filed disputes and wrote goodwills to clean up the babies. Well, no luck on any of them! Report stayed the same, score hasnt changed, and all that hard work seems to be for nothing. In fact, all they did was report additional and more current lates (mind you its been 6-7 years since i first defaulted). Now it just looks worse and im out of time to apply for a mortgage as Im moving in May and need a house. This pretty much sucks and ill likely be stuck overpaying rent on some garbage home again. Yay
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: Well Rehab Hasn't Helped!

Is your new loan reporting?  That is something a dispute with the CRA can't fix, but reaching out to the servicer should help.  I haven't heard of any federal servicers that don't report to all three CRAs, and from November to February is more than enough time for it to have shown up.

What is showing on your report for the old tradelines?  Did they make any changes?  Some servicers will leave the late payment marks, but they are required to remove the default status and any remarks like "claim filed with gov't."  Your collection agency that you did the rehab with should have given you a letter when you completed the rehab, usually sending that letter gives the previous servicer(s) all the information that they need to update their reporting.  Have you tried that?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Well Rehab Hasn't Helped!

Yes i waited for the new loans to report twice to allow plenty of time before i disputed the old tradelines. Those all still show that they were delinquent and filed w/ govt or charged off, etc...i provided the CRAs with the letters I received when i filed the disputes as well, so they had all that info. Guess i could try more goodwills, but i thought for sure the CRAs would take of the minimum for me.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.