Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July 2024 Check-In Thread

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

July 2024 Check-In Thread

Megan's Month: July 2017 – Beyond 20 Something

I know you guys are all hard at work with your credit goals.  Have you progressed as far as you hoped?  Were there any unforeseen expenses that cropped up and may have thrown you off schedule? Hope you are staying safe during the quarantine!

As a reminder, participation in these monthly check-ins is optional but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. This is a no-judge zone; feel free to say what's keeping you up at night or give yourself a Kudo for having it all together.

Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones

Let us know how you're doing! 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Snook_on_the_Line
Established Contributor

Re: July 2024 Check-In Thread

Still gardening and just plugging along keeping up my 100% on time payments and closing in on my goal score of 780 for this year.    
just a few more points to go 

exp 779

eq 775

tu 775 

Daily Driver: Chase Prime VS 15k
Recurring bills: Cap1 Savor 2500
Sock Drawer: Jovia Elite 25k, Suncoast CU 20k, Lowe’s 35k
Churn for SUB: Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Red 1k
On the Chopping Block: CreditOne 800, C1 Platinum 300

^^^Fico8 scores as of Oct 24
Total Revolving CL: $99,600
Message 2 of 10
SeaProbe
Regular Contributor

Flipped another page on the calendar, spent another month in the garden.

Still some temptations, but nothing really compelling, and I have pretty good coverage across my spend categories right now.

BTW, the intro text on this thread still mentions quarantine Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 10
CaneVariant
Valued Member

Sitting in the garden watching the scores grow. Keeping the payments 100% and the utilization sub 10%. Can only hurry up and wait for the next year. On a side note my emergency fund is growing as well. Have a great 4th everyone! Cheers!
Starting Score: 575
Current Score: 648
Goal Score: 670

Message 4 of 10
TrapLine
Regular Contributor

Disappointment follows me into July 2024.

Two hard inquirys dropped, lowered my outstanding debt to $400 on credit cards and $10521 on an installment loan (think the kicker is the original installment loan was $10978 so the DTI is at 95%). My Fico EX 08 is at 803, TU is at 803 and EQ is at 808. Record is clean for years. Did get two new credit cards besides the small installment loan.

To me it seems my scores are low. Not happy Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 10
kalli007
Established Member

Paid off my NFCU secured credit card, and got a 60 day late deleted (goodwill) from a paid off & closed Credit One card. Slowly but surely.....

Starting Score: 543
Current Score: 590
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 10
WW1984

Still gardening and my credit is slowly improving. 🤞🏽

EQ 748

TU 751

Ex 761

Message 7 of 10
Pink_Finances

My score fell from 755 to 739 Exp because an account I was an authorized user on was closed by my grandmother after 25 years. Ugh!  It was her account so it's totally fine, but now I'm down to 5 years of credit history.  I was able to get the credit card I always wanted today so not all is lost.

My goal is to save as much as possible, but I fear that I will have to pay a pretty penny for car repairs on Friday.  I'm hoping for the best. I need to get over this hurdle and then it's back to saving for vaction next year and adding to my emergency fund which currently have 3 months of expenses, but I want to get it to 6 months as fast as possible.  And to get my score back up to 755 Exp.

Good luck to all!

Message 8 of 10
LRC
Valued Member

July starting off on a good note!

*I was just approved for Fidelity Visa $9.5k limit. I'm thrilled. Going for Amex app in a few weeks, then just planning to garden until mortgage time in a few years.

*I moved into my new living situation on the 1st, and living expenses were immediately cut pretty much in half. 

*I sold some items to reach my emergency fund goal. Just waiting on the Venmo now.

*All debts paid except for tiny bit left on a student loan that I'm keeping for now to boost my score.

I'm excited to just pay reasonable bills and save money for a while. Hoping to have a positive check-in in August with new Amex and then just chill.

Grateful for all the good knowledge and people here!

October '24
Total cl: $20,100
FICO Score 8:
Equifax 701 | TransUnion 686 | Experian 697

Rebuild start Jan '24
Total cl: $1,000
Equifax 599 | TransUnion 609 | Experian 626
Message 9 of 10
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

good, I allowed a balance to post to my account (PCR) - my insurance,2k, PIF by the first, then keep it at zero. once I pay off the remainder of my Active Cash balance which i had been carrying 0 %, I'll SD the PCR and use the wells for my daily usage for the rest of the year. PenFed never gave me an increase in 7 years and IDK if i want a hard pull for an increase. If i do, next year possibly. Try and get the wells fargo account to 30K CL.

so plan this month is to at least pay 5-6K on that card, and my 2K PCR, try and avoid having other cards report a balance, but not a priotity. 

AMEX 30k & EveryDay 11.5K
Discover 27K
Wells Fargo 23k
Chase Amazon 23.5k
US Bank Cash+ 20K
Cash+#2 14.4K
Citi Simplicity 9.1K
Loan 8K -> 3.5k
Auto Loan 5.9K -> Paid Off!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.