Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July Check In Thread

tag
Mike_C
Administrator Emeritus

July Check In Thread

Welcome to summer, Challengers (and if you are in the west: stay cool and hydrated during this heat wave),

We are officially past the halfway mark on the year. Is your score at the place you wanted it to be at the beginning of the year? Are you on the right track, or have you fallen a bit behind? Are you going to use any Independence Day sales or deals to your advantage?

As a reminder, participation in these monthly check-ins is optional, but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
starry1
Valued Contributor

Re: July Check In Thread

I'm doing alright. My score isn't where I want it to be, and neither is my savings account. However, I have gone from zero credit to $4600 in available credit plus a car loan, so I can't complain too much. I like these check in threads a lot, it reminds me to go work over my budget again to get the most out of my income towards my goals. By the end on this year I'd like to have my emergency savings up to $5k and have $10k in available credit.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 2 of 14
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

For the first time in a while....I can say I'm doing great!!! Smiley Happy

Last reports were June 17.  My scores here were EX: 701, EQ: 684 & TU: 715

Bought 3 more yesterday after a few weeks of alerts via Score Watch...  Now EX: 714, EQ: 725 & TU: 735!!!

I have made great strides getting my 2 large balances down a bit. 

My Navy Fed went from $15,432 to $14,787

My Nationwide went from $10,598 to $10,194

Paid Lowes & CITI in full

Used AMEX as my daily through May & June (especially at grocery store where I get gas points via the store).  Earned enough AMEX points for 2 $25 gift cards.  Earned enough store points for .40 off gas.  Filled both vehicles for only about $40 out of my pocket!! 

My last app was in late March for the Discover IT card.  That turned out to be a blessing in disguise.  My stepdad became very ill in April..bought a ticket for myself & my sis to fly in to see him (she has sinced paid me back 75% of ticket) After 4 days of being home, he passed away, so I had to fly back up again.  Long story, but first 2 tickets were AMEX & transferred to D-IT.  0% int for 18 mos.  My second ticket was D-IT purchase & 6 mos 0%.  Very smart move for me.

I am a woman on a mission!!!!  And when I only have to depend on me...the mission is usually accomplished! 

WOO HOO!!!!!!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 14
CAnNY
Frequent Contributor

Coming from nothing to something in 3 months is great news for me!!! No longer afraid to pull my report, only excitement.

My Equifax score in May when I pulled it was 639 its now 627 and Trans was 620 now its 647. The last time I saw my Experian was a lender pull on 03/22 and it was 556 now its 607 based on the most recent lender pull.

Not sure why the drop in my Equifax score. I think its because it was a lender score vs. My Myfico.com score. Plus my utilization on the one card I have reporting was up to about 37% util. I have no plans on purchasing anything until early next year so I may just continue with maintaining less than 20% util vs. 9% when my card reports. As you can see from my sig that my scores were in the dump in February and by May I was in the 600's, so I'm still amped! Two new cards were added in April since I did not have any, secured cards with small limits.

If anyone cares the Lender letter that came in the mail today about the pulls on 07/05/2013 (see my sig) and it indicated that the Equifax was FACTO BEACON 5.0, Transunion was CLASSIC 04 and Experian was pulled from Fair Isaac Model II.

Will continue to garden...is that what you folks call it...lol

Starting Score: TU 489 EQ 561 EX unknown (2/24/2013)
Current Score: Lender Pull (11/15/13) EQ 702, TU 679, EX 684
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 14
AGuptill

My EQ score now at 655. Have brought my util on First Progress below 10%. Have a large paid coll. that should age off in Aug. will see what time brings.

Starting Score: 584
Current Score: 655
Goal Score: 660

Message 5 of 14
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Just met my goal on TU! I'm sure it's there on EX and EQ as well. I just have no way of getting those scores. (for free and without applying) I might have to bump up my goal a little bit. 

Message 6 of 14
tcrutchf
Valued Member

I'm feeling pretty good about my progress! I joined NFCU and increased my CL's by $14,000. Between paying down my balances and the increase in CL's, my util has decreased to 13%. I should have it down below 9% soon! My scores have increased quite a bit and I'm impatiently waiting for the rest of my TL's to report the lower balances. The real mystery remains in my TU score. My lender pulled TU04 was 672 seven weeks ago. My current TU score on MyFico and on Walmart is 634. If I remember correctly, the MyFico TU was 603 around the same time as the lender pull, a crazy 69 point difference! I can only imagine what my score would be if my lender pulled it today. I have made some positive changes and hope that it has increased like the other scores have. 

Congrats to everybody else making progress!

Chapter 13 Discharge - October 27, 2021
Current FICO 8 scores: Experian-689 Equifax-676 TransUnion-656
Message 7 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Wow! It's been awhile since I've checked in. After my March spree I lost over 30 points and that was enough to bury me deep in the garden! I'm slowly climbing back to 700 and can sit until I'm back in the mid 700's again. I'm enjoying playing the util game and how it affects my CS. My TU report is finally clean of baddies and it feels good.

I have the cc's I want now and know that if I wait until my inq's age off- I'll reach my goal if 760!
Message 8 of 14
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Been sitting in the garden watching everything grow.  Have gotten a CLI this month from Barclays NFL card.  Watched an Inq. fall off and my scores go up a few points.  Feel bad because I have to leave the garden.  I have to buy my son a new car to send him off to college.  Happy and sad at the same time.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 9 of 14
zahservices

I'm a newbie and I'm so glad I stumbled upon such a support system as the myFico community. This is my 3rd financial life, all based on my consciousness and awareness of finances and credit since I got my first cc at 18. Now in my mid 30's and at first, I felt sooooo behind. But now after realizing I'm  now debt free, 1 cc (Capital One Secured), I have nothing stopping me from achieving my goals God willing. I just added $100 to my Capital One Secured card and I'll be adding another hundred next week. I plan to pay the $29 annual fee, and not use it at all for the first month. After that, I plan to increase the CL to $1,000, and keep it at 9% util. I'm still figuring it out. But, I'll keep all posted for August. 

Best and God Speed!

EE

Starting Score: 575
Current Score: 594
Goal Score: 840

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.