Did you mean: 

October 2021 CheckIn Thread

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: October 2021 CheckIn Thread

@Anonymous wrote:

and helping others as a "role" model Smiley Happy

That's a scary thoughtSmiley Surprised ....I know enough to be dangerous. 

I {heart} you and your positivity!  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 11 of 21
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Junejer wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Also, ByrdMan I see you have been around since 2007 and were a Moderator once upon a time! Not aware until now ...

Yes sir. Spent a lot of time on these forums, both learning and passing on my knowledge. Was really active from end of 2007-2009/10 or so. Really enjoyed the great people here. Life happened after that and been picking up the pieces and rebuilding...everything. 

Welcome Back @Junejer !  I see names of ppl from before, during, and immediately after the Great Recession and wonder about them, their journey and where they are now.  Yes, those were some really rough times indeed.  The sting still lingers it's surprising in some ways and not in others that that sting still lingers.  May those days be very far and few between.  Let's hope the safegaurds put in place since then will be enough for immediate current events here and abroad. Test of time we shall see.

Were you directly related to the housing industry when the bubble burst?  How long were you able to hang on?  It took a few years to catch up to us but the end results basically everyone's story and thankfully it's end of 2021....a lot of time has passed and ppl are putting the nightmare behind them...finally!  We all learned a lot, about ourselves, the market, banking industry...just how everything goes hand in hand, here and around the world.

Message 12 of 21
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Hey @GApeachy! Thanks. I think about a lot of the folks I got close to back then and wonder how they are getting along, especially some of my fellow Mods. I was in the Commercial Loan Brokering business as well as the residential house flipping business. Got slammed on both sides. Took until mid-2015 to begin to feel stable again.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 21
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Junejer Yep, double ouch.  

Message 14 of 21
jlegleiter
Established Member

Howdy All!

Hope everyone is making great progress toward their goal as we near year's end.

I haven't updated since May, but not a whole lot going on. At that time, I was celebrating a significant milestone as I had just acheived my first 800+ score.

Pleased to say that three months later, scores from all 3 bureaus have followed suit.

Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 18.17.17.pngIt's been quite the road to get here. I started creeeping these forums in 2008, but first joined in 2011, in those first couple of attempts I made little progress and very quickly returned to my bad habits.
In 2018 I returned and have made steady progress in the past three years. I don't know if I ever thought I would get to this point.

Not planning to shoot for 850, really just want to maintain until there comes a time to utilize credit. Probably won't be until the family and I head back to the States and look to buy a house. Not sure when that will be, haha.

Regarding my other goal; in the past 18 months, I've been able to pay down more than $35,000 in debt and only have $13,000 until totally debt free. That is such a small amount, and in student loans no accruing interest at the moment, so I've taken a break from my relentless paydown to return to my retirement and investment contributions. Looking to make another substantial payment early next year with my tax return.

All in all, I feel like I'm in a fairly decent spot. Still would like that last little bit of debt gone, but need to get back to making the long-term financial health of me and my family as a priority as well!

Thankful for this forum and resources for being there when I needed them. It's been a long decade!

FICO 8 Score Progress:
April 2018:
June 2020:
March 2021:
May 2021:
Oct 2021:
Jan 2022:

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jlegleiter great work on the FICOS you can take a bow. Feels so good!!! Smiley Happy
Message 16 of 21
OldLadyStartingOver
Established Member

Hello All...

I'm a bit late checking in...I literally JUST remembered.  I've seen 20-30pt jump on CK.  Will sign up for MyFico account soon to see real scores.  Correcting a few things now...

Starting Score: 483
Current Score: 000
Goal Score: 801

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 21
boomkattack
Established Member

I've been a member of this forum for 7 or 8 years now. I rarely post but lurk around to learn information. I just want to thank this wonderful forum for all the knowledge it's taught me. 6 years ago, my credit was in the dumps, low-mid 500s due to me being irresponsible with money and other life circumstances. I vowed to rebuild my credit and get back into the 700s with my ultimate goal being 750 all around.

After multiple charge offs, late payments and collections on my reports, my last collection from Credit One fell off today and as a result, my credit scores bumped 30-40 points on all 3 bureaus. You can see my current scores in my signature. It's been over 10 years since I had credit in the 700s and I can't believe I'm finally back to it. I just want to thank MyFico Forums and the Fitness Challenge for being the motivation I needed to get my financial life back in order and on track.

For everyone still rebuilding (I still am too), keep on going, you'll reach your goals even when it feels like things aren't changing. Don't give up!

Starting Scores: EQ 573 | TU 562 | EX 574 (7/2017)
Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ 699 (10/2021) | TU 718 (10/2021) | EX 703 (10/2021)
Goal Score: 750+

Amazon Prime Store - $6000 | CapOne Platinum - $1050 | Mission Lane Visa - $750 | Express Store - $750 | JCrew Store - $750 | CapOne Quicksilver - $700 | Forever21 Store - $250
Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

boomkattack ... that is obe of those Kodak moments!!! The good feeling you get after the long slow climb from the cellar of credit. Smiley Happy

Speaking with experience ... admiration for all the people that drag themselves up by the "boot straps" and go on!

Message 19 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Junejer wrote:
Hey @GApeachy! Thanks. I think about a lot of the folks I got close to back then and wonder how they are getting along, especially some of my fellow Mods. I was in the Commercial Loan Brokering business as well as the residential house flipping business. Got slammed on both sides. Took until mid-2015 to begin to feel stable again.

Good to see you around @Junejer!

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.