cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2012!

hello all! I just joined the forum today and reading lot of people's posts has really caught my interest.

Here's my little story, back in May I was trying to get a car loan and was rejected cause I had no credit. During May i started a secured MasterCard to build my credit, and i finally checked it last weekend and my score was 635! Now I have a few collections that I need to take care of  which I am aiming for to do this month. I have 3 different medical collection accounts. I have a question tho about paying them off, is it better to pay these collections in one payment or should I setup a payment plan? Itll be easier for me to just paid collections in full. I dont know if it would be a huge jump in my score if pay each of them one time payment.

I hope boosting my score at least 720 here sometime soon!

Message 811 of 1,050
CreditHurt
Established Member

Hi All !

I am very excited to have come across this challenge! And even more excited to have accepted the challenge. I have become i guess you can say a little "credit crazy" for awhile now. I've been researching and spending quite a bit of time learning as much as I can to drastically improve and build my FICO scores. I hope to build my scores and qualify for my first mortgage, and rid myself of collection debt. I hope to improve my financial awareness overall and obtain smart and efficient habits to teach my young children for their future.

Good Luck to all in 2012 and beyond!   Smiley Happy

Starting Score: TU 464 | EQ 481 | EX 510
Current Score: TU 501 AUG2012 | EQ 481 AUG2012 | EX 487 AUG2012
Goal Score: 600+ TU | EX | EQ

Message 812 of 1,050
Tempted2Pull
New Contributor

My Fico score went from 535 to 606 in a matter of 2 days! Smiley Happy a 71 point jump just for paying off a small CC and opening a new line of credit. Smiley Happy Road to 700+ here i come!

Starting Score {July 30,2012}: TU 586 EQ 535 EX 583
Current Score: My Fico EQ 635 Walmart TU08 640 MyFico TU04 682 My Fico EX 628 (lender pull 09/12)
Road 2 Recovery: Patience - Persistence - Perseverance

Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 813 of 1,050
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@Boqorka wrote:

My Fico score went from 535 to 606 in a matter of 2 days! Smiley Happy a 71 point jump just for paying off a small CC and opening a new line of credit. Smiley Happy Road to 700+ here i come!

Grats.  So long as you do not have any baddies, and do not get any baddies, you're score will continue to climb much higher and much sooner than most of us.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 814 of 1,050
Tempted2Pull
New Contributor

Thanks Repo-ed, and I sure hope so. Its frustrating to hear you'll be notified of our decision within 30 days.

Starting Score {July 30,2012}: TU 586 EQ 535 EX 583
Current Score: My Fico EQ 635 Walmart TU08 640 MyFico TU04 682 My Fico EX 628 (lender pull 09/12)
Road 2 Recovery: Patience - Persistence - Perseverance

Goal Score: 700+

Message 815 of 1,050
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in for the challenge!  As you can see, I really need it.

In a nutshell... life happened, lots of student loans, didn't watch the CR's, just working and making really good money (even bought a house in 2007).  I went to buy a new car and they denied me; 5 dealerships and loan companies later, I realized there was something terribly wrong.  Checked the reports/scores and it's a mess to say the least.  Currently cleaning up the old stuff, disputing where necessary and basically starting from ground zero, but I'm confident after reading about all the success stories on these forums I can get back on track in no time.

Good luck to everyone and thanks for all the great encouragement!

Message 816 of 1,050
CreditHurt
Established Member

Best of luck to you!

Starting Score: TU 464 | EQ 481 | EX 510
Current Score: TU 501 AUG2012 | EQ 481 AUG2012 | EX 487 AUG2012
Goal Score: 600+ TU | EX | EQ

Message 817 of 1,050
Steelersfan904
Regular Contributor

Wait for it.......................

631! YES!
From 502 to 631 in 3 months!

Starting Score: 502 5/4/2012
Current Score: 640 08/03/2012
Goal Score: 700

Message 818 of 1,050
unix4linux
Established Member

Hi All,

I had been in denial for so many years about my credit history and did not want to face it.  I have now been married for almost three years and have a two year old daughter.  I am still young and my career is going well.  I realized that my credit history is affecting me to move up in my career and do other things I have wanted to do for and with my family for a while.  I just motivated myself, paid off all my debt and on my way to the 700 mark!

My goal is to be able to purchase a home for my mom since I already have my own.  I would also love to buy myself my favorite vehicle again, which I lost in a reposession a few years ago.  I want to be in good standing financially and have all the things I once had.

My finances are in great shape.  I have a financial balancing software that helps me keep track of all bills and due dates so that I never fall behind.  I feel steady and the softwares have helped me get this far.  I am up for the challenge to raising myFICO Smiley Very Happy and won't stop.

My first goal is 700, my second 800, and my third 850!!

Starting Score: EX 501, EQ 508, TU 545 (Jan. 1st, 2015)
Current Score: EX 682, EQ 692, TU 691
Goal Score: EX 750, EQ 750, TU 750

Message 819 of 1,050
wineman
Established Member

Greetings,

I am new to these forums and am totally thrilled to find such a great source of information and support!

I had credit scores in the 700-720 range forever.  FHA mortgage obtained in 2003, 5/3 HELOC in 2005, Cap 1 "Blank Check" auto loan in 2007, standard mix of credit cards with the highest limit being a Costco Amex at $12,300 (also Toyota Rewards Visa-$7,000, Discover-$5,000, and FNBOmaha Visa-$9,000).  Fairly high utilization (60%), but perfect payment record on everything.

Then, in 2007 I got the idea that I wanted to start a business.  I obtained an SBA loan but had to complete a personal guarantee.  I got the business opened and everything was going along fine but I had to rely on CCs for living expenses while the business was getting going.  Then 2008 happened and my fledgling retail business was hit hard. We limped along for another 2 years but, it soon became clear that I was not going to make it.  Because of the personal guarantee on the SBA loan, I was compelled to file for personal bankruptcy in order to keep my house so I filed a CH 13 in 4/2010.  I included most everything in the BK filing, including the CAP1 car note.  I have been paying $505/month to the BK trustee and have been paying my mortgage outside of the bankruptcy; spotless payment records on all.

Right after the BK, my scores plunged to the 560 range and have SLOWLY rising over the past 2 1/2 years.  In March/April of 2011 I started trying to get a credit card to help rebuild my credit.  I was turned down several places--even for secured cards (I still don't understand that one).  So I just gave up for a while.  Then in October of 2011, I thought I'd give it another shot and, again, got turned down for a secured card at both the Credit Union and CAP 1. I did, however, get approved for a Household Bank unsecured Mastercard with a $750 limit.  It's not the best "starter" card but not the worst either ($59 annual fee/19.9% APR/25 day grace to pay in full with no interest).  I have been using it for gas, newspaper subscription, etc (under $200/month), and paying it off in full ever since. 

My immediate goal now is to accomplish a FHA Streamline Refi of my mortgage (currently 5.5%) and take advantage of the historically low interest rates.  I was just declined by both Primelending and First Choice (through Costco) because I need a middle score of 640.  My long term goal is to regain my credit scores (although not all the debt) that I had before the BK.  Is there anything anyone can suggest that I try to help accelerate the process?  

Thanks for taking the time to read this.  I look forward to learning from you all as I continue down the rebulding road.

Message 820 of 1,050
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.