cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

16 point FICO Drop After Chase Reported 0 Balance?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 16 point FICO Drop After Chase Reported 0 Balance?

Sad ... you pay your bills on time, the reward is that you are left with no balance and a drop in your score. Fly's in my face for logic but it is! Happened to me.
Message 11 of 14
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Yes... this is the result of paying before statement cut on other cards Smiley Happy .. if you want to get best Fico scoring you will need to report a balance on any other card and not only on Chase so will not end up with 0 balance on all accounts. Right now this mid cycle reporting happens for Chase only and for US Bank they report at the end of the month and not when statement is closing.  Now on the bright side ... Fico has no memory and your score will be right up next month ..so don't worry !

Message 12 of 14
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

A followup question, if you spend say $10 on a credit card, but it's less than 0.5% of that card's credit limit, does that count as 0% or 1% utilization?

even 1$ is going to be 1%  ..only negative balances and 0 balances report 0 % util

Message 13 of 14
DU556
Regular Contributor

I've had points dropped after a dormant card reported balance once again. It is not always the case that a card showing a balance once again will give you an increase in points. Hopefully you get your points back.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.