Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

23 point drop

tag
DU556
Regular Contributor

23 point drop

My Fico app notified me of score drop off 23 points on experian. It shows my amex balance dropping from $13-->$0. Every month the balance drops like this but never with drop this huge. I always have a $13 balance and always pay it in full. Nothing new with the way this reports.

All other cards have no late payments, no new credit cards, loans, inquiries and balance is similar to any other month. Overall utilization is not even 1% from a total of around $90k limits. I think highest balance right now is $300 but that's not even being reported at the moment since it's in the current bill cycle. I always pay in full so this is never an issue for me.

Any ideas why random drops this big occur??
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: 23 point drop

It looks like all of your cards currently have a balance of zero. When that happens, there's typically a noticeable drop. 23 points wouldn't be unusual. Your scores will rebound the next time one of your cards reports a small positive balance.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.