Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

29 point jump for hubby and a Cap1 PC and AU question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

29 point jump for hubby and a Cap1 PC and AU question

I'm going to remove him as AU on my Cap1 cards. Only one is reporting so far so he definitely doesn't need them (662 on EX). On the one that is reporting would it be better to remove him when it has no balance or does it matter? And we're going to try to PC his cap1 platinum to a QS. Does it need to have no balance or does it matter?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 29 point jump for hubby and a Cap1 PC and AU question

Just removed hubby from my QS1 and unsecured Platinum. The AU weaning process has begun.
Message 2 of 7
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

What is the advantage of removing your husband as an authorized user from your card accounts?

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BallBounces wrote:

What is the advantage of removing your husband as an authorized user from your card accounts?

AU should not be done on a permanent basis. It should only be usedto "jumpstart" a persons credit. Once they can get accounts on their own, then its time to remove them.

Message 4 of 7
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@BallBounces wrote:

AU should not be done on a permanent basis. It should only be usedto "jumpstart" a persons credit. Once they can get accounts on their own, then its time to remove them.

Why? 

For what it is worth,  I have been an AU on a card for 24 years.   There is no "jumpstart" associated with that arrangement.  My question is, why should a spouse remove their better half from a card as an AU?   Because it can be done?

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am curious as well. Is there an advantage? My DW is on all my cards - never thought of that as a negative.

Message 6 of 7
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am curious as well. Is there an advantage? My DW is on all my cards - never thought of that as a negative.

If those are her oldest tradelines, she has some of her own tradelines, and the cards are used responsibly, then there is definitely no "advantage" to removing a spouse as an AU on a card or two. 

050719:     
021924:     

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.