Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30/60 Day Ding Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

30/60 Day Ding Question

Hi everyone,

I currently have 5 late payments on my account.

Barclay: 30 day late (10/17), 30 day late (7/18), 60 day late (8/18)

Capital One: 30 day late (1/16)

Chrysler Capital: 30 day late (10/17)

From what I've read, the effects of late payments on my credit score are supposed to significantly reduce after 24 months. Should I expect a bump in my score in October 2019 since Barclay and Chrysler both have 30 day latest from October 2017?

If so, any idea how much of a bump? Outside of these lates, I have no other negative items, and do AZEO.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 30/60 Day Ding Question

Bump! Thanks, everyone!

Message 2 of 4
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Those points are not re gained at any particular point in "bulk". Some are gained back gradually over time but never completely while still present on your CR.
How many points are regained will depend on the status of worst delinquency and time passed since it occured.
Your worst delinquency is barely a year old and you have multiple lates.
I really would not expect to see much in terms of scoring improvement any time soon, unless you can get GW removal on all of them.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your most recent late payment is also your most severe, so that single negative item is the constraint to your score growth.  The other older/lesser ones are more or less irrelevant for scoring purposes at this time due to diminishing returns.  If you were to get the 60D removed, the others would matter more, but as it stands now the 60D is your constraint.  When that 60D reaches 24 months in age it's possible that you'll see some slight score gains, but the big gain would come from the removal of all of your negative items; removing anything less than all of them likely wouldn't result in much of a gain.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.