Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

683 -> 655 just for adding JCP $200 CL

tag
titanium_bbx
Contributor

683 -> 655 just for adding JCP $200 CL

So it says:

"A new account on your credit report may initially lower your FICO® score because it can be an indication that you need more credit. Typically, consumers with financial difficulties need more credit and are less capable of paying their debts. 

While your FICO® score may drop when a new account first appears on your credit report, it can positively affect your score over the long term if it reflects responsible use of credit. That means making all payments in full and on time. Opening a new account can also help your FICO® score over time if you had minimal credit history with very few accounts when you opened the account. "

But wow, almost 30 points because of a $200 store card?  I also just got a new $1000 Discover which should show within a week, will that bring it down even further. I thought these might help my util rate, though I understand they may adversely effect my AAoA. But 30 points for the new trade line? 

Removing all of the court judgements didn't even bring it up 30 points but it goes down 30 for $200? Really?

When will it likely go back up? How long does it usually take?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 683 -> 655 just for adding JCP $200 CL

IME, most of my points rebounded within 6 months (80%+) and the remainder by a year.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.