Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAoA Benchmarks???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AAoA Benchmarks???

Wondering if there are important benchmarks for AAoA?

3yrs? 5yrs? 7yrs? 10yrs?

My EQ FICO has AAoA at 8yrs.  Looking to app soon, perhaps for as many as 3 new accounts, but I don't want to dilute my AAoA too much.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
android01
Valued Contributor

Re: AAoA Benchmarks???

According to this website, most FICO "high acheivers" have AAoA between 6-10 years.  So I'm thinking that 6 years might be a milestone, and anything over 10 is probably another.  

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 2 of 12
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@android01 wrote:

According to this website, most FICO "high acheivers" have AAoA between 6-10 years.  So I'm thinking that 6 years might be a milestone, and anything over 10 is probably another.  

It's actually 6-12 years. This can be found here: Characteristics of FICO High Achievers.

Message 3 of 12
Smug
Established Contributor

Now are we looking at all accounts open and closed or just open???
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 4 of 12
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

If you have the credit length of history (@ 19+ yrs), then one milestone is:

Going from 6yrs AAoAs to 7yrs AAoAs moves your Length of Credit History from "very good" to "great" on FICO 04 for EQ. 

So I try to stay above 7 yrs AAoAs now, and time my new apps appropriately. 

Message 5 of 12
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

@Smug wrote:
Now are we looking at all accounts open and closed or just open???

all the accounts in your credit file.

Message 6 of 12
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Wondering if there are important benchmarks for AAoA?

3yrs? 5yrs? 7yrs? 10yrs?

My EQ FICO has AAoA at 8yrs.  Looking to app soon, perhaps for as many as 3 new accounts, but I don't want to dilute my AAoA too much.

When my AAoA was at 6 yrs, I got the Fico Good rating on Length of history.   Now that it dropped to 5 yrs because of my new accounts i get a Not Good rating.   I think 6 yrs is a benchmark for Good. and 8 yrs is for Very Good

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 7 of 12
android01
Valued Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@android01 wrote:

It's actually 6-12 years. This can be found here: Characteristics of FICO High Achievers.

OOOps.  My bad!  That's what I get when I try to recall things from memory without looking! Smiley Very Happy

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 8 of 12
KBraggs
Valued Member

When my AAoA was at 6 yrs, I got the Fico Good rating on Length of history.   Now that it dropped to 5 yrs because of my new accounts i get a Not Good rating.   I think 6 yrs is a benchmark for Good. and 8 yrs is for Very Good

Nah. I have AAoA 3.5 years and a FICO lists that as "Good" under length of history. Oldest account 10 years. I think it just depends on your mix.
Message 9 of 12
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@KBraggs wrote:

Nah. I have AAoA 3.5 years and a FICO lists that as "Good" under length of history. Oldest account 10 years. I think it just depends on your mix.

Nvm, I was mistaken, it was the New Accounts tab that went from Good to Bad LOL... I added quite a few new accounts, so far i've seen an 8 pt drop, but I'm waiting for my util% to even out, I messed up and let a balance report on the new accounts.  I'm new at trying to pay before statement cuts.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.