Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAoA thresholds

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AAoA thresholds

The more I think about what Cassie said it makes sense because, what would be the point of having a low threshold (<3years) on a mature card (AoOA>3 yrs.) or a high threshold (>3years) on a young Card (AoOA<3 yrs.)?

I’m thinking they probably have their own set of thresholds, young under three years, mature definitely over three years, maybe four? Thoughts Community? Make sense?
Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
The more I think about what Cassie said it makes sense because, what would be the point of having a low threshold (<3years) on a mature card (AoOA>3 yrs.) or a high threshold (>3years) on a young Card (AoOA<3 yrs.)?

I’m thinking they probably have their own set of thresholds, young under three years, mature definitely over three years, maybe four? Thoughts Community? Make sense?

A lot of things changed for me at AoOA 2yr 0mo / AoORA 1yr 0mo.

First inq at EX was only -3 after that, whereas my first inq there was -19 at AoOA 1yr 0mo when I had no cards.

Also, that 2yr 6mo AoOA change in 'credit history' rating from POOR to FAIR. Lots of score gains across 28 scores that I wasn't expecting.

Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This may be similar to how older profiles don't see those incredible AoYA 3mo (EX 8 +23) and 6mo gains that I did on a young credit profile.

My next time around at AoYA 3mo/6mo wasn't as benefical with 2yrs 6mo total credit history.

@Anonymous, I believe this ^^^   IMHO to be 100% correct!

I am NO FICO scoring guru a·fi·ci·o·na·do/əˌfiSHəˈnädō/

like some of ya'all areSmiley Very Happy

And besides, who is the student to argue with the teachers?Smiley Surprisedsmiley-laughing021.gif

Thank youSmiley Happy

You're welcome, @M_Smart007 .

I'd like to thank Bing (now Microsoft Bing, and probably soon to be Microsoft Search) for helping me find some scoring related documents  via their new Ai/visual search platform. Google didn't have a clue.

Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

A lot of things changed for me at AoOA 2yr 0mo / AoORA 1yr 0mo.

First inq at EX was only -3 after that, whereas my first inq there was -19 at AoOA 1yr 0mo when I had no cards.

Also, that 2yr 6mo AoOA change in 'credit history' rating from POOR to FAIR. Lots of score gains across 28 scores that I wasn't expecting.

I think it was the age of the oldest revolving account. 

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.