Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU -score increase?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AU -score increase?

Hi,

I was recently added to a CC account that’s 38 years old; no late payments and about $24k loc with balance of $1600. My score only increased on eq 5 points and tu 9 points; it hasn’t showed up on ex. I’ve been hovering around 720-730. I have 8- 60day and 8 90 day lates from student loan payments 5 years ago. Everything else is paid as agreed-cc do not carry a balance. I noticed the 38 years hasn’t factored into my profile but the credit did. Is such a modest increase normal? Will the age ever be added? I’m very appreciative for the bump- just curious.
9 REPLIES 9
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: AU -score increase?

With the lates you've mentioned you've probably hit the threshold as far as how high you can go til the lates drop off

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I was wondering about that. The simulator gives me a huge bump right when they age off.
Message 3 of 10
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks. I was wondering about that. The simulator gives me a huge bump right when they age off.

Yeah, I expect you to flirt with the 800s once they fall off. You're in good shape so just be patient and wait it out

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I similarly had a 90 fall off off some of my credit reports recently. It was my last string of lates. I experienced a 48 point gain.

I asked for an early exclusion on an open revolving account, which I later found out wasn't for open accounts. I was told no this time, but a couple month later it still fell off early. Although they are similarly not supposed to change student loan lates due to the HEA, unless you've got a 120 late not showing, I say go for it.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Sabii,

I know you’re an expert on all things student loans. Can you explain how to request early exclusion? My student loan accounts are actually closed- I consolidated them into two new accounts. At the time I wasn’t as informed about credit scoring and didn’t know the newer accounts would actually lower my score. There was absolutely no benefit to opening the new accounts since the lates on my closed are still being reported. In hindsight it was too my detriment as my aaoc seemed to be lowered and I took a hit with an inquiry.
Message 6 of 10
calyx
Super Contributor

Not Sabii, but I did these with my student loans.
The time lines you're looking at are:

TU:  6 months early

EX:  3 months early

EQ:  1 month early, but, they tend to mess this up and you can wait out that final month  (obviously, if you need to refi a house or something big, you might want to go ahead and try, but generally, MFers recommend you don't).

As of earlier this year -
TU:  You can do it as an online dispute - got to the item you want to dispute, and under "reason" you can "other" or "too old to be reported"  I think I did other with "requesting early exclusion"   TU tends to do it very, very quickly - they'll open a dispute and process it within a day or two.  You can also call them, but I love not speaking to people when possible.

EX:  Call  their number and get a human (sometimes easier said than done).  Ask for a supervisor.    Keep asking for a supervisor if the frontline CSR insists they can help - only a supervisor can do EE.    When you get a supervisor, just explain that you're asking for an early exclusion for the lates and they should be able to help you out.    They will likely open it as a dispute and then will remove it in a few days.   Please be aware that some of us (me included) have had this go sideways in various ways, so success is very YMMV on this.

EQ:  I've seen people call and have some success or send letters;  honestly, I didn't think it was worth the headache for a month.

I removed entire tradelines this way - sometimes with lates there is push back and they say they *can't* remove lates, but we've seen some success.   If they deny you, but you really still want to get it done, you can hang up and call again (later that day, next day, whatever it takes).

You always have the option of sending written requests, as well.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Calx,

I’ll try... but mine are still supposed to be on there for another 15 months (18 months will be 7 years of the 90 day late so minus 3 months for date of 1st delinquency- i think that’s the right way to calculate)...so I’m not holding my breath.
Message 8 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

AAOA generally only provides a handful of points each breakpoint and there appears to be diminishing returns and as such the point total isn't unexpected at all.

I don't know that oldest account has that much relevance in the derogatory scorecards either honestly which is where you are with 60D or worse deliquencies.

15 months though it seems bad isn't that long... I found this forum and took 6 years to get basically clean (minus a 60D late on TU currently).

        
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Revelate! I did try the dispute- only with TU, but I’m ok. I have enough credit and good rewards cards. I just have one more account to apply for and then can just, garden (I think that’s the term for not
applying for credit) for the next 15 months. It’ll be great to see where I land. Truly appreciate everyone’s support and info sharing.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.