So I tried the AZEO method a few weeks ago and my result were

EQ Fico 8: 748 up to 754

TU Fico 8: 755 down to 742

EX Fico 8: 760 down to 759

Then I let two cards report a balance and there was a reversal

EQ Fico 8: 754 down to 748

TU Fico 8: 742 up to 755

EX Fico 8: 759 up to 760

I thought AZEO was a good thing? IDK maybe it has to do with inquires but they only have 3-5 on each and I don't have any baddies. Does it have to do with UTI? My total UTI = <1%

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
RadioRob
Established Contributor

Re: AZEO vs AZET?

Inquiries have no impact on utilization. Your EQ responded as expected. The question is was there anything else changing at the same time in the background.

While you may have been focused on the AZEO/AZET, another factor might have changed such as average age of account crossing a threshold, etc.

I'm assuming utilization would not be an impact because in both situations you're under the 8.9% for any single card and overall combined utilization. You never would have touched a threshold in either scenario, so it can be discounted.

But the question is what else was moving at the same time.
Message 2 of 14
ChemE_Bear
Regular Contributor

Were any of the inquiries recent/did any of them cross the 6 month or 12 month threshold between these two changes?

Fico8 1/20:
Fico8 02/22:
Fico8 9/23:
AU:
Message 3 of 14
Trudy
Valued Contributor

@CreditNoob23 wrote:

So I tried the AZEO method a few weeks ago and my result were

EQ Fico 8: 748 up to 754

TU Fico 8: 755 down to 742

EX Fico 8: 760 down to 759

Then I let two cards report a balance and there was a reversal

EQ Fico 8: 754 down to 748

TU Fico 8: 742 up to 755

EX Fico 8: 759 up to 760

I thought AZEO was a good thing? IDK maybe it has to do with inquires but they only have 3-5 on each and I don't have any baddies. Does it have to do with UTI? My total UTI = <1%

AZEO seems to react more positively to the FICO 5, 4 & 2 scores.  Classic (MTG), Auto and BC. AZEO is referred to in general terms and doesn't seem to ever hurt put seems mostly beneficial with these scores, primarily a MTG strategy since most if not all use this model for real estate transactions.

But sometimes those 5 or so points makes the difference for those using the Classic F8 score.

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

What kind of card did you leave the balance on?
Message 5 of 14
CreditNoob23
Established Member

I currently have 9 accounts open.

There opening dates are as follows:

5/2017 Capital One ($0/2000)

7/2018 Citi/Best Buy ($150/4000)

8/2018 Installment Loan

11/2018 Discover ($0/5000)

1/2019 AMEX ($0/3900)

4/2019 Student Loan

6/2019 Chase ($0/5200)

3/2020 SYNCH/US Bank/Gold. Sachs ($0/3300)

Message 6 of 14
RadioRob
Established Contributor

When were your AZEO/AZETs from?  

I noticed you mentioned having the new US Bank card reporting in March of this year.  I wonder if opening the new account also was playing a factor in the hit at the same time you were trying to manage utilization.   

Message 7 of 14
CreditNoob23
Established Member

I opened 3 new accounts back in March. Do you think those accounts aging 3 months played a factor?

Message 8 of 14
RadioRob
Established Contributor

It depends on when you looked at your AZEO versus your AZET. If you looked at your AZEO first, then new accounts reported... that makes perfect sense. Even though you got the AZEO "boost", it could have been offset by new accounts reporting... (reset of AoYA, lower AAoA, and potentially some inquiries as well).
Message 9 of 14
CreditNoob23
Established Member

I tried the AZEO about two weeks ago. Then I let Discover report $10 last week to see if there was a change. It looks to my like Equifax is the only bureau that I benefit from with AZEO

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.