Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advise for Credit 'Newbie'?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advise for Credit 'Newbie'?

I have been living abroad for the last almost seven years and came back to find that my credit scores were low but it was primarily due to the fact that I hadn't used much of anything and I did have a 2 or 3 'baddies' (nothing major and was able to get most taken off) most of them were on my Trans union and experian. My equifax actually did not have a score established because of not reporting any activity at all in the 7 years. I have now managed to get my Equifax to 797, my Experian is 680 and my Trans Union is at 587 (this is due to a tax lien I didn't know about being placed on this report that brings me down big time)
I REALLY need to get my credit scores in order because I find that since the 3 are so far apart from each other in score, I am automatically disqualified for just about anything. I was hopeful that since someone told me Discover only pulls Equifax that I'd be able to get there Travel card but sure enough just got declined online- Is it worth calling for recon? Freezing my trans Union? I am in a position where I really need to obtain credit. Many thanks in advance
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advise for Credit 'Newbie'?

Welcome to the forums!

This particular room is not the best place to get advice.  This room is more for people who are curious to discuss the theoretical details of how the scoring models work.

You have a practical problem, which is a desire to rebuild your credit, given very specific accounts and derogs.  Happily there is a room just for you called Rebuilding Your Credit:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/bd-p/rebuildingcredit

The folks there will be glad to help.  Here are the things thing will want to know so that they can help you.

REVOLVING ACCOUNTS.  List all your cards.  The following is a good format:

Card 1.  Current Balance = ____    Credit Limit = _____

Card 2.  Current Balance = ____    Credit Limit = _____

Card 3.  Current Balance = ____    Credit Limit = _____

etc.

INSTALLMENT ACCOUNTS

Loan 1.  Current Balance = ____    Original Loan Amount = _____

Loan 2.  Current Balance = ____    Original Loan Amount = _____

Loan 3.  Current Balance = ____    Original Loan Amount = _____

etc.

DEROGS

List all lates, chargeoffs, collections, judgments, public records, liens, etc.

For lates indicate the severity (Day 30, Day 60, Day 90, Day 120) and the account it is connected with.

For all derogs indicate when the derog happened.

If certain accounts or derogs only appear on one bureau's report, indicate that too.

Best of luck!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks!

Revolving accounts:

Chase 9000
BOFA 500
Credit One 700

3% useage

Account History

11 years on Trans Union/6 years Equifax and experian

'Baddies'

3 old collections from Verizon and ATT (225 to 468 each)

State tax lien on Trans Union for 2800 dollars

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

So you have no installment accounts?

Also, I encourage you to give us the revolving accounts with both the balance and credit limit as I indicated originally.

Would you like me to ask a moderator to move this to the Rebuilding forum?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.