Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ally Auto

tag
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

Ally Auto

Today I made a initial payment to my new auto loan just for the sake of getting it done sooner than later. I noticed Ally Financial provided me with a Fico score or "Auto Score 3" of 789. That's a bit high isn't it ? Especially for someone with No preexisting loans in their credit history, right ? Or maybe it isn't a "true" Fico. 

Can anyone clarify to me what kind of score am I looking at ?

Starting Score:TU:791(Dec3), EX:783, EQ:000
Current Score: TU:786(Aug9), EX:776, EQ:782 (Aug8)
Goal Score:820 across all boards

If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs! -Steven Universe
3 REPLIES 3
iv
Valued Contributor

Re: Ally Auto

@LShawn08 wrote:

Today I made a initial payment to my new auto loan just for the sake of getting it done sooner than later. I noticed Ally Financial provided me with a Fico score or "Auto Score 3" of 789. That's a bit high isn't it ? Especially for someone with No preexisting loans in their credit history, right ? Or maybe it isn't a "true" Fico. 

If it claims to be a "FICO Auto Score 3", then yes, it is a "true" FICO.

But the industry option scores (like "Auto") are on a different scale - with a 900 max, rather than 850 max.

Auto Score 3 isn't available here on MyFICO for any CRA, so you can't check directly, but if your signature scores are current, then 789 on an Auto model seems reasonable.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 2 of 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@iv wrote:

@LShawn08 wrote:

But the industry option scores (like "Auto") are on a different scale - with a 900 max, rather than 850 max.

Auto Score 3 isn't available here on MyFICO for any CRA, so you can't check directly, but if your signature scores are current, then 789 on an Auto model seems reasonable.

This is correct. Being that it is on a different scale for "Auto" that means the numbers will be different and not mean the same thing as say a normal Fico8

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 4
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

@RM21 wrote:

@iv wrote:

@LShawn08 wrote:

This is correct. Being that it is on a different scale for "Auto" that means the numbers will be different and not mean the same thing as say a normal Fico8

It also specifies it is based off Experian data.Experian was also my lowest Fico Score of 769, so I guess you guys are on to something.  Thanks for clearing some of that up. 

Starting Score:TU:791(Dec3), EX:783, EQ:000
Current Score: TU:786(Aug9), EX:776, EQ:782 (Aug8)
Goal Score:820 across all boards

If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs! -Steven Universe
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.