Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I in a new bucket?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Am I in a new bucket?

My FICO 8 Ex. Has been right at 730 for a few months. It didn't budge veven with my latest approval August 6th.
My utilization was under 9%. Then
For one day it reported at 10%. That brought my score to 728. Next day another card reported and brought utilization down to 9%.(just over the 8.9%threshold) Wich gave me a 736 FICO. I know it's only less than ten points, but was stuck at 730 for awhile. Am I just missing something possibly? I have many open and 5 closed accounts. Aaoa will be 1 year. (Sept 1st).
One thing that changed was I brought my Disco from 35% down to 28.9 maybe that's it? But I didn't even see a change when I let discover go from 10% to35% last month. I have 6 cards reporting 1%-20% balances. Only other possibility is I'm right at paying 40% of my only installment loan now compared to 34% paid off a few days ago.(dcu report from last month finally got report).
I'm thinking it's the auto loan but it's not quite 40% paid more like 39.5.. one card reported over 28.9 didn't affect me last time. Not a big deal just curious. Ty
5 REPLIES 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Am I in a new bucket?

@Anonymous wrote:
My FICO 8 Ex. Has been right at 730 for a few months. It didn't budge veven with my latest approval August 6th.
My utilization was under 9%. Then
For one day it reported at 10%. That brought my score to 728. Next day another card reported and brought utilization down to 9%.(just over the 8.9%threshold) Wich gave me a 736 FICO. I know it's only less than ten points, but was stuck at 730 for awhile. Am I just missing something possibly? I have many open and 5 closed accounts. Aaoa will be 1 year. (Sept 1st).
One thing that changed was I brought my Disco from 35% down to 28.9 maybe that's it? But I didn't even see a change when I let discover go from 10% to35% last month. I have 6 cards reporting 1%-20% balances. Only other possibility is I'm right at paying 40% of my only installment loan now compared to 34% paid off a few days ago.(dcu report from last month finally got report).
I'm thinking it's the auto loan but it's not quite 40% paid more like 39.5.. one card reported over 28.9 didn't affect me last time. Not a big deal just curious. Ty

These are not big changes in your profile.

And these are not big scoring moves.

And there is nothing surprising.

So no, you are just being impatient, waiting for the water to boil.

Relax. Get your balances down and your scores will go up.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Balance changes do not impact scorecard assignment.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm relaxed and have utilization where I want it. Was just bored and curious
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

To be clear I stated all of the balance changes to show they didn't affect my FICO score.
That's why I thought maybe I was on a new scorecard since I couldn't see why my score changed.
Today it went up another 6 points to 742 but that's because my accounts aged another month. I still wonder where those first 6 points came from
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Number of accounts and that Disco change could have affected it, but too many moving parts. No scorecard change.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.